Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Rant

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Quite the overreaction to the first playoff game haha. Good luck Raps. Hopefully they can push the Cavs to the limit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors
    See alexmovel's Items on eBay

They way they played in the second half, who knows maybe they could beat Cleveland! Or maybe I'm just on a Raptors High after today's game ;)
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Toronto gave Cleveland LOTS of trouble in the reg season. But the Cavs have admittedly come together a lot more since then. I'm hoping for a competitive ECF. I'm thinking Cavs in six.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

So much for that conspiracy theory on the NBA not wanting the Raptors to do anything in the playoffs, eh?

The Cavs have swept their opponents in each round so far and the Raptors have had to push each series to 7 games

I do hope the Raps get back Valanciunas against the Cavs. They'll need him.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

i am not going to discount anything the cavs have done and the bottom line is the Raptors got the job done and it seems like they are getting better and that Lowry and Derozan have their shooting woes in the past. they will need everything to be going for them to make the ECF competitive but here's hoping for the best!

Wade still got a whole bunch of calls and game 7 was the only game where he wasn't getting his way and complaining after every call. i understand this is a part of the game and every nba star does this, but i am not a fan of the constant whining that takes place. be a professional already!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

So much for that conspiracy theory on the NBA not wanting the Raptors to do anything in the playoffs, eh?

Oh they don't. The worst fear for the league is the Raptors winning against the Cavs. Not only would it knock out Lebron but it would put a team that draws most of its fan base from a country that doesn't even count in US TV ratings. They will do everything in their power to get the Cavs over the hump (if they actually need help) but that doesn't mean they can fully stop the Raptors from winning.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Oh they don't. The worst fear for the league is the Raptors winning against the Cavs. Not only would it knock out Lebron but it would put a team that draws most of its fan base from a country that doesn't even count in US TV ratings. They will do everything in their power to get the Cavs over the hump (if they actually need help) but that doesn't mean they can fully stop the Raptors from winning.

As an NBA fan I could care less about tv ratings. I want to see the best team win, whomever that may be. And if it's the Toronto Raptors then so be it. I will be watching The Finals regardless of which team has made it because I'm a basketball fan at heart. It would be nice to see the Knicks in The Finals again but it's been a NIGHTMARE since Dolan, the WORST NBA owner, acquired the team.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

well that was a total disappointment. the first quarter started off nicely enough and i thought the raptors were going to make a game of it, but the rest of the game got so bad so quickly that i didn't even watch the second half. ughz, don't know what to make of the rest of the series but like i said i am already happy with what the raptors have accomplished this year and i am looking forward towards the draft and the raptors possibly drafting murray which would be the first big time hyped draft pick since bosh with all due respect to jv and t ross.

the cavs sort of quietly beat the raps in game 1 doing what they do. there wasn't one thing the raptors did terribly from what i saw but at the end of the day they lost by 30 plus points. the cavs were kind of like a silent assassin and in order for the raptors to make this a series they need to stop a number of things. they handled defending the 3 but as a sacrifice could not handle the post. as i heard on the radio, you need to pick your poison with the cavs b/c they can beat you in so many ways. i am at the point that i just hope the raps make the game competitive, win or lose.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

There was definitely one thing your team did terribly: rim protection was AWFUL without Jonas. I lost count of how many easy layups and dunks the Cavs kept getting. It looks like your team won't be able to compete with the Cavs so long as he is out. Kyrie and LeBron shot video game like percentages last night with all the easy looks. When even Iman Shumpert is getting monster jams in the post, it's bad...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

interesting take since bismack is probably a better defender at the rim than jv is but i think bismack plays a LOT better when the raptors are playing well and when he is in the flow of the game. there was no flow last night and thus he couldn't get into a rhythm. looks like the raptors just had no answer for the cavs. i am not going to say they quit b/c that doesn't happen in pro sports, but casey has to figure out something to slow the cavs down or this will be a major wake up call and a quick, quick series.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast