Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Opinions on which Case to get

Hell All,

Im looking into buying my first case of basketball cards and was hoping for some opinions.

Im looking to spend 500-600 so obviously it would need to be products from previous years. Im fairly,new to basketball so what would everyone suggest in that price range? I was looking at 2012/2013 because that draft class was pretty good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Wasn't that during the lockout and Panini decided to put both draft classes together across 2012-13 products? The Kyrie and Anthony Davis draft classes, I believe. I remember lots of bad hits. With your kind of money I'd think about just buying singles on the secondary market. Unless you just want to bust wax. But if you still want a suggestion then I'd give a look at 12'13 Panini Innovation. They advertise Lillard autos in it unlike other products in that same year. It's in your price range too. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Singles like the above member said. I wouldn't even bother ripping could easily pickup Lilard autos for less than $50!
    Last edited by jordan23; 04-24-2016 at 09:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

I'd you like busting boxes and are not in our for the return of value, 12-13 products would be the way to go.

Kyrie stuff has dropped, as has Anthony Davis. But, you still got a few other nice players like Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard.

I'd recommend Elite, Crusade, Innovation or Intrigue.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, too. After my move, I'm contemplating getting some Timeless Treasures tins from that season.

For cases, 12-13 Innovation is a good choice. They are heavily discounted at one of the online card stores right now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Singles like the above member said. I wouldn't even bother ripping could easily pickup Lilard autos for less than $50!

His RC autos from 12'13 Panini Innovation are only going for <$50??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Check his auto prices. I don't think in the next five years he's in Portland we'll see much hike at all in his card prices
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...uto&_sacat=214

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh, his Leaf autos are going for the price you said. Huge difference between licensed NBA cards and non-licensed (ie. Leaf, Press Pass). I don't see Portland letting Lillard go. They will overpay him to stay. He is the face of their franchise.