Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

An "Interesting" item up for auction on ebay

I've seen many "interesting" auctions on ebay over the years and this particular one, ranks right up there.

In this particular case, the asking price isn't even the "eye-catcher".

Did the President of the company do this as a joke, assuming that the card would never make it into packs? If so, he might want to stop hiring his quality-control people from the state of Colorado!

Then again, was the President of Leaf in Colorado at the time that he was signing these cards?

Is he making some type of statement and knew that the card was being inserted into packs for the public but didn't care? Yeah, society in general is pretty pathetic these days but still.

Was the card "altered" after the fact, with the "inscription" added by someone else?

Are there more copies like this out there or is this a 1/1?

The auction has been running for days, so obviously ebay views this the same way that they treated the Billy Ripken baseball card from the 80's.

Nobody that I know, has purchased a Beckett in years but if they weren't all morons over there, a picture of this card on the cover of their next issue, would surely garner some record sales

Anyways, the link is posted below. It comes with a "WARNING - VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED" statement, as the younger collectors probably don't need to see it, nor do the Liberal members on the site, who will likely be traumatized and demand that both the person running the auction as well as the signee be fired/removed.

"Ruthless" indeed!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-LEAF-BRIAN-GRAY-INSCRIPTION-LEGENDS-OF-SPORT-RUTHLESS-AUTO-1-1-RARE-WOW-/152062091388?hash=item23679b607c:g:TJgAAOSwKfVXGAv K

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Not sure what to say lol, although they don't have a ton of redemptions, they are still present in leaf products. Wish he felt that way about sticker autos!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's unacceptable. Period.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

wow, thats all I can say.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

Absolutely horrible!!! I mean can't some people learn how to spell their name!!!! Seriously for all of us that know(Really just north of the border) It's Grey for crying out loud!!!!

I think I'm outraged... Where's my chill pill?....
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Absolutely stupid and distasteful, I lost a little respect for Leaf for that one.

Sure we all hate redemptions but is that really the way to go about it? What if a parent bought their kid a box of Leaf for their birthday and some 9 year old collector pulled that? Sure it didn't happen and an adult pulled it so we can all laugh about it but did Leaf even think about the possible what if's when creating that card?

You'd think the owner of a major company would have more maturity than this.

Just stupid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Before we drag an entire company thru the mud, has anybody bothered to compare the Brian Gray card to, I don't know, a real Legends of Sport Inscriptions card?

Had a brain fart! Sorry Richard!
    Last edited by Rockin Robbie; 04-24-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Gray Image Removed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Before we drag an entire company thru the mud, has anybody bothered to compare the Brian Gray card to, I don't know, a real Legends of Sport Inscriptions card?

Had no idea it was different looking from the rest of the set, so was this an after market custom or pack inserted?

If pack inserted my original post stands, if it's an after market custom I take back a little bit of my previous comment but will still say it's stupid on Brian Grays behalf to sign that and have his name associated it with that.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I find it "entertaining" that he considers himself a "Legend of Sports" LOL

It's cheeky and mildly amusing, but equally juvenile and ridiculous.

-----------------

On an administrative note, since it's a topic about a card that exists, much like the infamous Coyle auto we can have the thread discussion going but please don't link the image directly in the thread.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Brandon Gormley has the same auto! If I paid for a pack of leaf and that was in the pack I would probably ask for my money back, do we know if the card was inserted in packs or was it a custom made card?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast