Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

Dual rookie shields...Tavares/Benn vs Hall/RNH

I have an acquaintance that I was discussing these two rookie dual auto shields with.

2009 Cup Tavares/Benn - both rookies
    2011 Cup Nugent-Hopkins/Hall - RNH rookie only

Any thought on which one is worth more?

We are both huge Oiler fans

Pics

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hobby value wise .... RNH is easily lowest on the totem pole.

Hard to argue Hall is above either Benn or Tavares. Hall isnt even the #1 hobby guy on his team.

Add in the 2 RCs VS 1 RC

I think most would pick the Tavares / Benn over the RNH / Hall. Of course, depending on the buyer, either could go more than the other

Not sure if it makes any difference, but the Horizontal Shield is a lot nicer to look at design wise ... it can fit more than the vertical
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I'd prefer Benn/Tavares.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Player wise the Ben/Tavares is a better duo... But watching oilers cards sell on eBay I'd say the hall/nuge would sell higher. Some of those oiler fans have deep pockets ;). But it's all hypothetical unless we actually put them head to head. Great cards tho
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 04-29-2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Edit

BANNED

Country

Its worthy to note that Hall and Nugent-Hopkins are rumoured to be on the way out of Edmonton...and the fall in values on ebay reflect that Oiler collectors are not buying them now. Every Oiler collector I know is dumping their Hall, RNH and Eberle
    Last edited by rustyisin; 04-29-2016 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was following the sale of the Tavares/Benn shield. I think it helps it was being sold by PWCC.

Even then I still say Tavares/Benn > RHN/Hall.

But then I might be biased.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its worthy to note that Hall and Nugent-Hopkins are rumoured to be on the way out of Edmonton...and the fall in values on ebay reflect that Oiler collectors are not buying them now. Every Oiler collector I know is dumping their Hall, RNH and Eberle

I guess it would all have to be on timing. If Edmonton unloads them, who knows how much hype they will I obtain from other collectors/teams. But come the start of the season and they are still on the roster, oiler fans are hyped to the max for the upcoming season. As an oiler fan, I can see eberle traded. But still don't see them trading either hall or rnh unless they win the lottery and take Mathews. But who knows .

I guess back to the timing... Since the oilers are TKO'ed and both Benn and tavares are in the playoff hunt. They will draw more attention at the moment.

So now I donno if I want to stick to my original choice or not :p
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 04-29-2016 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Edit

BANNED

Country

whether those players are traded is a discussion for another thread. right now any one of them could be shippied off this offseason. That's leaving the demand for cards of Hall, RNH and Eberle virtually non-existant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've watched some sales and only looked a little. But to simplify a little. Would I be wrong in saying that a hall or Tavares or Benn auto of a same set sell for approx (ball park ish) same?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Upper Deck ePack

I would rather have the Tavares / Benn card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast