Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Upper Deck Blog - Red Paper Clip Story Yields a McDavid YG

This is pretty cool - how one collector made 200 e-Pack trades to get a McDavid YG without spending a cent.

I won't spoil the ending but his final trade was a pretty sweet one.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/05/upp...s-rookie-card/

I like this guy's approach and the positive vibe...

I felt as though I had accomplished something big, but also that nobody else could really appreciate. It was one of those, “you had to be there” situations because telling the story is nice and all, but it’s hard to really understand the time, effort, luck and determination it all took to get there. I honestly don’t know if I could have ended up here without each and every one of my deals. It really seemed as though one trade led to another and I just happened to be the first one to capitalize on many of those deals.
    For the record, I only have one account and posted very sparingly, but I would spend a lot of time watching to see what people were looking for in the forums. I found that was how I was able to find all these favorable deals, especially in the beginning. At the end of the day, there are a lot of very good members on the Upper Deck e-Pack™ site that have helped me along the way. They are true hockey card collectors in every sense of the word who I not only get along with, but relate to.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This is such a cool story. Quite the accomplishemnt! I'm sure he'll have no problem trading up for the S2 Canvas YG now that he has McDavid's YG!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

He did well. Some of those earlier trades were real nice, before the popularity of jersey cards really kicked in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's some gaps in the timeline (could also be I didn't have enough coffee). Where did he get the 2 Sam Bennetts from?

He received some higher grouping Jerseys in that X for X jersey trade, that was a lucky trade for him.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@atruong317 There would have to be gaps out of necessity...he said he made 200 trades and I think even the most enthralled of us would get really bored if we got the full timeline.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joshpackham's Items on eBay

so much more impressive than me completing my leaf/caps foil base sets
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

Very cool. The best part is everyone was happy with the trades all along the way. He found demands and capitalized on them but in doing so still gave those he traded with the cards they wanted. Win x win x 200

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He still had to pay for shipping, so it wasn't totally free!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess e-cards certainly speed up the trade process, since there's no waiting for cards to be mailed. With cards instantaneously changing hands, it certainly opens things up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

pretty cool story
    LOL, and I was all excited that I was able to put together the entire S1 base set including foils of the 5 Avalanche players and have almost half of S2 base set complete with some traders left over without having spent a cent (118 trades)
    Last edited by IceRat; 05-19-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast