Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1961 - 62 Fleer Basketball Cards

I am the new guy, my first post, I hope Card Talk is the right forum for this post. I have been collecting sports cards for 55 years and now its time to let them go. I have a complete set, 66 cards, of Fleer 1961-62 basketball cards that I was planning to sell on EBay.

I am very disturbed that a reprint set has been made of the 61-62 Fleer set, it's identical front and back, no way to tell the difference as far as I can tell. To me this means cards I have been holding for 54 years are worth far less then they were before the reprints came out.

Is anyone familiar with this reprint set ?
    1. Did they reprint all 66 cards ?
    2. Is their anyway to tell a real 61-62 Fleer from a reprint?
    3. Who issued the reprints and when did they come out?

The only recourse I can think of is have the cards graded by PSA or other grader.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tony

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Raptors
    See alexmovel's Items on eBay

No idea about the set but like you said best option would be to grade them. Although that may not be worth it. Either way good luck with your sale
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan