Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just my 2 cents about Blowout.com forums

I'm an adult and feel silly doing this but what ever....

yes, I was banned.
    I was banned for no actual reason of me doing anything wrong to anyone.
    It was simply because I dont say the same things or believe the same things as everyone else.
    I have plenty of tact but as you get older theres no reason not to say what you think except maybe to the new childish generation that thinks
    being offended is a criminal offense.

you know what? I was actually banned a couple years ago from there. Again, for no reason other than having an unpopular counter-view.

I think people abuse the term trolling as well. It seems to be anything someone else doesnt like or cant understand.

the only reason I bring that up is this..that site is/was childish but at least more active than here or =54=.

but I would like to get back into the hobby in some small way and the internet will hopefully help in that

..but the last thing I need is paranoid internet geeks going on witch hunts about guys getting banned from other sites.

I'm as normal as anyone and you would know that if you actually knew me.
    but I dont want to run out of sites/forums for simply being normal me lol.

LOL
    I got banned for being opinionated about/that ..the show about a female MLB pitcher was a feminist agenda show and women will never be able to compete with men at that level.
    I said that Paterno was not at fault for the Sandusky thing and most written about it was sensationalized propaganda.
    Theres no way a guy with kids of his own would let that slide.
    You can disagree with me,it doesnt matter. Why should that get me banned? the world is still based in mob rule and you arent allowed to be different.

I dont care to talk about that stuff here,thats not the point. I'm just being honest and saying I want card-sites to go to and eventually buy and sell and stuff.

and if anyone goes to both sites and has a problem,you need to grow the heck up and get over it.

I am 51 and when I was young in the 1970s,my family belonged to a cult church so my ability to detect deception,lies and bullcrap is heightened and where most of my views come from now.
    I know nothing is as it seems anymore and things like Occam's razor is just an excuse for people to stay ignorant.
    In other words I dont just go for the simpler solution.

but all I want to do here is hobby stuff thats a little deeper than "hey guy,thats a cool card" in every other post.
    and maybe trade by mail for the first time ever lol

but I also hope to find more active sites.
    you guys and net54 just don't seem to get too chatty. But google hasnt helped much.
    your site is colorful though..but takes a few more seconds to load than others for me.

i'm not looking to raise drama. Just being honest about who I am to a small degree and I'm sick of getting banned by childish dweebs because I'm just thinking for myself and being me.

now excuse me while I open a Score-Panini 52 pack for 4.99 I got at the local Fred Meyers store tonight.

thanks,
    Perry
    Last edited by PhilElliot; 05-23-2016 at 04:50 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Welcome to the club. I participated in an "prime" hoops draft on BO. With one of my later round picks I drafted Arvydas Sabonis and proceeded to post links to articles about what Sabonis was like in his "prime".

Some BO members flipped out and started cursing at me, which doesn't bother me. Then one started blaspheming and I replied that, as a Christian, I would prefer to see 100 f bombs than one blasphemy. I was promptly suspended, apparently for inserting religion into the topic, which was nonsense.

A mod later said I wasn't suspended for that thread but because I had "argued nonsense" in a Steph Curry for MVP thread, simply because I said that I have always believed "one way players" should not win MVP awards as basketball is 50% defense. I'm sorry but that is not "arguing nonsense" nor is it "trolling". It's a valid opinion, one which was further validated when the Cavs beat the Warriors thanks in large part to Kyrie Irving torching Steph Curry game in and game out.

Anyways, on the day my suspension was to be lifted, I emailed with a BO member who I felt was acting poorly and told him I was going to expose him. However, when I tried to log-in later that night it said I had been permanently banned. Now, obviously I did not and could not break any BO rules while I was suspended, as I wasn't even allowed to post on the site, so, I can only assume that I was banned because the member I was going to expose, was a buddy of one of the mods who banned me. Such is life I guess.

Many BO members complained to the mods and asked for me to be reinstated but the mods wouldn't budge. One mod said that I had been banned because another mod (who he wouldn't name for some reason) said he thought I had another NO account with zero posts. Now, excuse me but that is just absurd. If I had another account, why would I need to create a second one? And, if I had another account with "zero posts" why would that even matter?

Anyways, some members called out that mod and said that was no reason to ban me. The mod responded by saying it didn't matter because he could prove I had opened a second account recently. However, what he failed to mention was that the second account was only opened after I was wrongfully banned, not before.

Long story short ... BO is a fine site and has some great collectors on it ... it just also happens to have a lot of juvenile, vile and easily offended individuals who make things less than fun. It also has various cliques and if you happen to run afoul of one that is connected to a mod, you can expect to be banned, even if you didn't violate a single rule.

Finally, one thing that is absolutely obvious is that there is a great deal of group-think on BO and if anyone happens to have an original thought that goes against the popular opinion, that person will be ridiculed to no end and will probably end up getting suspended for no reason other than that said person did not bow down to those who held the popular opinion.

But, such is life and it's nothing to get that upset about it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm not banned from blowout but this thread reminds me of how I'm always getting sent to Facebook prison because someone doesn't like what I post. I'm trying to figure how the concept of unfollowing a page that you don't like is such a difficult concept to grasp.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I pulled www.blowout.com and it is a site where you order online groceries?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

I pulled www.blowout.com and it is a site where you order online groceries?

BINGO!! Those waffle and toaster pastry cliques are always arguing nonsense and trying to expose cold cereals. I got banned because I don't eat breakfast and only drink coffee. Oh well, I'll wait until noon and eat lunch.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

happened to me there banned me for life oh boy no loss.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Love the BlowoutCards.com site but the forums leave a lot to be desired.

It's definitely NOT a very collector-friendly site compared to others I visit.

For a company that advertises their forums to adults and kids in Beckett and other hobby publications and sites,I'm surprised they allow so many adult-themed subjects on their threads. Not trying to sound like a prude or anything,but there are places for that kind of subject matter. A sportscards and memorabilia board is not one of them. Their community is like a bunch of "Good Ol' Boys" who gang up on someone for not thinking like they do.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

ive had several trades on there. I notice there are tons of sale threads compared to here. but the trade system is shady.

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

very shady when said something about one was banned for life.took forever to send filed a paypal claim then finally got card but o was one that was wrong for saying something.

ive had several trades on there. I notice there are tons of sale threads compared to here. but the trade system is shady.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

that sucks, i love our trade system here. probably one of the best on the net. IVe traded on wrestling figure sites and have been ripped off pretty badly because of mods or top level traders being able to get away with theft every once in a while.

very shady when said something about one was banned for life.took forever to send filed a paypal claim then finally got card but o was one that was wrong for saying something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast