Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Derek Jeter is my new best friend! OR.........Giant box of lots of work!

Hello from Canada! I went to last Sunday's local card show and there it was.............

with this description.............

Now I don't know the first thing about baseball cards, I haven't even watched a ball game since the Expos left Montreal, the day Jeffrey Loria kicks it will be the best day of my life. But.......... I remember all the hoopla when Jeter retired, he was quite the popular player :)

I picked up a handful of the Jeters and saw 2/3 parallels and inserts and did some maths in my head, eBay was offering me 100k free fixed-price listings, if I could blow them out at a buck or two then I could make my money back on that alone. After a bit of haggling, I Mastercard/PayPal'd the guy at the table and went home to go through the stuff. So...... the first row on the left, that's all Jeter. There were more than a few cards worth more than a buck or two! I spent 6 nights listing 803 cards and sold 366 of them, mainly to two guys who were buying them as soon as I punched them in. I'm about $60 shy of paying for the box so far and then there's the eBay fees to worry about, but all in all I'd say great success!

AND I have leftovers................

And this one HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

And then there's Topps Tek. I have no idea if any of the variations are short-printed but I didn't want to let them go for cheap by mistake.......

So that's Jeter. There's about 2-3 rows of 70's and 80's hockey. The Gretzky "collection" is utter garbage, 90% 1990's overproduced stuff. And then there's vintage baseball and a tiny bit of modern stuff.............

Six that I'm keeping :)

A Crash The Game set and a brick of Griffey cards......

The only baseball relic card in the whole box!

A small pile of Exhibit baseball and a very old postcard........

A small pile of graded and un-graded 1969 Globe Imports.........

1979 Hostess.........

1978 Your Own Tea discs...........

1949 Eureka.........

ZEE-NUT!!!!!!

And a bunch of 60's and 70's stuff, in all types of conditions............

Should keep me busy for a couple weeks eh?

SCF Rewards
    Country

One nice find! Two is that Action Packed Jeter autographed? Three on those Topps Tek Jeter cards the last one in the second row is a Diffractor. That should go for 10 times what the normal card goes for. It was the parallel version for 1998 Topps Tek.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

One nice find! Two is that Action Packed Jeter autographed? Three on those Topps Tek Jeter cards the last one in the second row is a Diffractor. That should go for 10 times what the normal card goes for. It was the parallel version for 1998 Topps Tek.

One, thanks! Two, yes that's an auto!! Three, "Diffractor" is not a real word, is it? Nope, it's like diffraction, which kind of applies. SO MANY baseball brands and parallels!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

One, thanks! Two, yes that's an auto!! Three, "Diffractor" is not a real word, is it? Nope, it's like diffraction, which kind of applies. SO MANY baseball brands and parallels!!!!

Yeah,they're called Diffractors alright. Killer haul you scored there with some really nice 90s inserts and parallels,aren't they great? Jeter was good to me as well because I picked these 3 up last weekend at an estate auction for less than the price of a 2016 Topps Hobby box:

The Action Packed is not as nice as yours (plus looks like yours is the 24K Gold version) but not complaining one bit.

Again,excellent pickups,
    Brett
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diffractors was the parallel to the base cards in Topps Tek

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diffractors was the parallel to the base cards in Topps Tek

Yeah, I had to look at it on an angle to see the difference........diffraction!!! :D

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Very nice! I don't know much about the baseball card world, but it seems like you'll have your hands full the next little while.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

if those vintage are available, please pm me the #s and prices on them. thanks!
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

if those vintage are available, please pm me the #s and prices on them. thanks!
    Ed

Anything that wasn't completely hooped condition-wise is up on eBay under the user name joeaverage67. So far, only the ZeeNuts have sold, I'm realizing that vintage baseball is pretty worthless unless we're talking the big names :/

Anyways, if you want any or all of it then lemme know and we can work something out. I'm only a couple hundred bucks shy of breaking even and I haven't even gotten to the hockey stuff yet, so I'm easy :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Diego Padres
    See willbeaturbid619's Items on eBay Instagram:

Sell or trade for the 1963 Topps #412 Dodgers Big Three?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast