Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

2016 Ice: What 10 boxes gets you

Yesterday I busted an inner box case of 8 boxes and then two more from another case thinking and hoping it would get better.

Start off on the 2015-16 Ice Premiers rookie cards I did not pull a single rookie card that was numbered below 999. Yes, not even a 499 from this break. On the jersey cards every swatch was a solid single color, no patches, zip on that front. I guess the saving grace was at least I hit an Eichel jersey.

Out of the ten boxes, I did not complete the 100 card base set. Short 15 cards

Redemption card Fabbri Exquisite auto.

Base autos were nothing to jump up about, very low tier rookies, so here are the highlights of my break:

Exquisite base cards: best hits were a Dylan Larkin and a Bobby Orr

Exquisite autos:

Auto jersey

My favorite auto of the break since is a local player

I guess this was the case hit?

or maybe this was considered the base hit.

Retro Rookie numbered to 149

That's it, may I wish you the best on your breakage.
    Last edited by ronfir; 05-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Wow! That is not a good break. That sucks for you man! Again this product is oversaturated, too much crap in this. Again another product I will not touch. Will stick on buying older cheaper boxes. Thanks for showing us your break and good luck in the future, you deserve it after this one.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Better luck next time and thanks for sharing.
    As for SPGU, Contours and some others i'll stay away from the product. Way too much crap in there.
    I'm wondering why there's not much love for OPC Platinum... best bang for the buck right now, plenty of colors and rookies. Maybe hockey collectors don'T like chrome cards...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would say that is a 8 out of 10 rated break.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I would say that is a 8 out of 10 rated break.

In that case I would be terrified to see a 5 out of 10 rated break!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

interested in the ryan if its available @ronfir
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

This product is brutal, not even hit a /499 random rookie is just nuts, i wonder how many crap boxes they produced that give back zero value.. and i thought game used or trilogy was brutal, this is way worse and the price for a box aint cheap either...

Not too impressed how all game used cards are just small plain 1 color jerseys of zero value..., even the game used stuff are very small except for those ice preimere auto patches to /10 which are the only good thing imo.. 150$ for a box is just way overkill not even 100$ would be ok..
    Last edited by mortuus; 05-27-2016 at 07:41 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

This product is brutal, not even hit a /499 random rookie is just nuts, i wonder how many crap boxes they produced that give back zero value.. and i thought game used or trilogy was brutal, this is way worse and the price for a box aint cheap either...

Not too impressed how all game used cards are just small plain 1 color jerseys of zero value..., even the game used stuff are very small except for those ice preimere auto patches to /10 which are the only good thing imo.. 150$ for a box is just way overkill not even 100$ would be ok..

I agree with your comment. I kept busting box after box thinking it had to get better! Last year for me Ice was the product of the year. I hit several awesome cards but not this year. Upper Deck really watered down the product, I guess knowing fools like me would chase the rookies to 99

Here are just a few of what I hit last year:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugmasher's Items on eBay

i agree 100% !!!! opc platinum is a great product ..had a lot of fun breking it...and the ice is a huge gamble...
    Last edited by mugmasher; 05-28-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: wrong