Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was only able to hit one game this weekend, with poor weather on Friday, and other plans yesterday. Really did not have a ton of items to do, so I relaxed, and took it easy during the pregame signing.

Ducks
    Todd Coffey- 1/1 ROLB Practice ball. Had it, and had been contemplating getting him to sign a practice ball for a while now. Was one of the first on line, so I got it done.
    Anthony Gatto- 2/2 team projects. New guy on the team, had to get added to team yearbook and scorecard projects
    Dustin Richardson- 2/2, 9/9 (help), 8/8- He was wearing #35, as opposed to his #48 like normal, so it was hard to spot him. Thinking he was a new guy on the team, I had him sign the team yearbook and scorecard for a second time, but it happens, so no big deal. The other items were all cards from a lot I purchased unsigned. All "Just Minors" cards. He has zero problem signing duplicates, and is definitely one of the nicest guys to ever come through Long Island. If anybody is looking to trade for any of these cards, let me know!

Sugar Land Skeeters

Gary Gaetti- 1/1 Red Sox helmet project, 1/1 Red Sox logo ball for display- One of the nicest guys in the league, never turns down an autograph request.
    Beamer Weems- 3/3 cards
    Andrew Johnston- 1/1 card
    Kent Mathes- 1/1, 1/1 (with help)- Knowing he is one per, I had a buddy help me by getting the second one done.
    Aaron Thompson- 0/2- Did not come out prior to the game, but did in the 3rd inning.
    Sean Gallagher- 0/6- Did not come out pregame

SCF Rewards
    Country

First game back after the All Star Break, and it was against Somerset. Not too many goals for Somerset, but found a few items. Here is how I did.

Trayvon Robinson- 1/1 Gypsy Queen Printing Plate- Yeah, he personalizes, but I think that is always nice for the collection. Now I have had him sign a regular card, and one of the printing plates on it.
    Bryan LaHair- 3/5- Remembered my face from when they came to town earlier this year, but took the time to talk and joke around. I had moved to where no other graphers were, so that he would more than likely come by. He had never seen the 2012 Cubs card of his from the Cubs team set, asked me for some info on it, and I was more than happy to give him one of the extras for himself. He signed 3 of the remaining 5 cards, and could not be nicer. First time I had seen him sign duplicates, probably due to me giving him one of them.
    Evan Meek- 2/2 8x10- Went out to the bullpen, and after about 15 minutes, Meek popped out. He was great about signing, loved my PNC Park photo, and asked me where I got it. Told him I took the picture years ago and had it printed. He asked about the other signatures on it, thought it was a cool piece and signed in the bullpen area. Also gave him another photo to sign, talked a bit about it, and signed it. Without even asking, he added "2010 NL All Star". Met him years ago in Bradenton, and he was nice. Even nicer now.

Not a ton got done, but definitely quality over quantity!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bad weather took control of graphing last night, so I was only able to get Buddy Harrelson on 7 cards. Today, with the meet and greet pregame was much better.

Ducks-

Nick Struck- 3/3 cards
    Sean Burroughs- 11/11- 8 cards, 3 8x10
    Danny Burawa- 5/5 (4 Heritage Minors 2015, 1 8x10), 2/2 team projects
    Tyler Colvin- 8/8 cards, 4/4 8x10s, and 11/11 (with help) (2 team pieces, 9 cards)- He is back from injury, and still awesome about signing.
    Mark Minicozzi- 3/3- 1 8x10, 2 team pieces
    Scott Shuman- 2/2 team pieces
    Kyle Hansen- 2/2 team pieces

Somerset-

Bryan LaHair- 0/2- did not bother asking him, as he signed for me a few days back, and doesnt always seem thrilled about signing
    Evan Meek- 0/6- did not come out by the bullpen
    Trayvon Robinson- 1/1 personalized card

Bridgeport comes to town on Tuesday, and I should be at each game of that series.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did well tonight with Bridgeport coming into town.

Jesse Litsch- 1/1 8x10
    Luis Hernandez- 1/1 card
    Adron Chambers- 2/7 cards
    Jonathan Galvez- 1/1 card
    Josh Vitters- 4/8 cards
    Mike Antonini- 1/1 card
    Angelys Nina- 4/4 cards
    Blake Beavan- 1/1 card
    Jose Veras- 6/8 cards

Couldn't locate David Carpenter or Endy Chavez, but may have missed them. Will see tomorrow!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bridgeport Game 2 tonight:

Josh Vitters- 4/4 cards, 4/4 cards
    Adron Chambers- 1/5 cards
    Endy Chavez- 4/4 cards

Running out of Bridgeport cards, but with the team sets due to pop out in the upcoming weeks (normally about this time), I should be able to occupy myself with those. Most of the guys on Bridgeport have been awesome about signing, but Chambers does not seem too thrilled to sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

I do not know if you follow the transactions for the league but there have been changes for the Patriots. Jodie said there are going to be changes coming and he was correct.
    First Evan Meek pitches a scoreless inning of relief and released
    Second Jeremy McBride was pitching pretty decent relief and they asked him to start a game this week and did not fair very well, he was released the next day.

Jodie said we have to many 1 inning guys and need starters since we lost 4 starters to being picked up. What bothers me is we have some relievers that have ERA.s in the 6 and 10 and still there and both these guys were much less

Third Resigned Randy Boone from last year as a starter
    Fourth Signed Kyle Roller 1B
    Fifth Signed Jim Miller P former Yankee and Orioles
    Sixth Sent Trayvon Robinson to Lancaster

All of this has happened since Thursday and I do not know if they are done.
    With the Ducks playing so well and running away with things the Patriots have to have the best record of a second place team in order to make the playoffs and it seems thats what they are trying to do. Hope they did not get rid of a wrong player or two

It seems that Southern Maryland is cleaning house they released

David Connor
    Jon Dziomba

Traded
    Orlando Santos
    Ryde Rodridguez

Bridgeport finally activated Jwain James from the DL and placed Vitters on the IL. James has not played since April. Hope this is not another move as I see Bridgeport this coming week and need Vitters

The teams are making things challenging for us but also for them
    Last edited by adiddle; 07-23-2016 at 12:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, this is the time of the year where the rosters get destroyed. The Patriots started out extremely hot, and then they went ice cold somehow. Very strange. The pitching in the league is terrible for the most part, as anybody with a decent ERA gets picked up. The teams seem to head toward former players to fill holes in the roster, such as the Ducks do almost every year with Chris McCoy. Hopefully you are able to finish your items, I tend to think Vitters will travel.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been a busy week, but I have been able to get to a few games. Plus, the Ducks team card set came out, and out of the 30 cards, only 3 players are not with the team anymore, 1 still in the league though. Will be able to get 25 signed on the current team (front office and mascot cards being the other 2).

Tuesday morning camp day game-

Tyler Colvin- 2/8 cards. Colvin got hurt during the game, and has not been seen at the park since. Second injury this year, and he went home to rest after the first.
    Sean Burroughs- 8/8 cards

Thursday 7/28

Only worked on the 2 sets of team cards I purchase each season.

Cody Puckett- 2/2 team cards
    Delta Cleary- 2/2 team cards
    John Brownell- 2/2 team cards
    Dan Lyons- 2/2 team cards
    Ruben Gotay- 2/2 team cards
    Matt Wessinger- 2/2 team cards
    Bobby Blevins- 2/2 team cards
    Mike Blanke- 2/2 team cards
    Fehlandt Lentini- 2/2 team cards
    Sean Burroughs- 2/2 team cards
    Anthony Vega- 2/2 team cards
    Kevin Baez- 2/2 team cards

Friday 7/29

Danny Burawa- 9/9 (7 THM, 1 Trenton card, 1 8x10)
    Lew Ford- 2/2 team cards
    Nick Struck- 2/2 team cards
    Mark Minicozzi- 2/2 team cards- Got hurt as they were throwing the ball around before the first inning as Dustin Richardson was warming up. Did not see the injury happen, but watched him walk off the field with the trainer, throw his glove, and walk toward the clubhouse without looking back. The curse of being a Ducks first baseman continues.
    Amalio Diaz- 2/2 team cards
    Todd Coffey- 2/2 team cards
    Bud Harrelson- 2/2 team cards
    Marty Janzen- 2/2 team cards

Sugar Land

Aaron Thompson- 2/2 cards- As I was walking toward my seat, Thompson came out and signed 2 Topps Update 2015 cards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345