Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    dasCardboard.eu (21)
    Country

2016 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

What do you think of this year’s draft?

I believe it’s worse than last year, as there was a really deep draft last year with Portis at # 22, Looney at # 30, Harrell at # 32.

Besides Brandon Ingram and Ben Simmons there are so many question marks with each player (athleticism, size, shooting).

Ingram should go at # 1 as the Sixers don’t need another big guy besides Okafor, Embiid and Noel, but hey it’s the Sixers…

Skal Labissiere might be drafted at # 10 although he was awful in his sole college season.

My compatriot Jakob Poeltl might be drafted at # 10 by the Bucks. If that happens he might actually make the All Rookie Team as there aren’t many good players this year and he might have many minutes with the Bucks, as they don’t want Greg Monroe anymore.

Brice Johnson (Tar Heels) might turn out as draft steal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

Sixers seem to be looking to trade one of Noel or Okafor so Simmons is still very much an option.

I haven't followed this year's draft class much but hoping the Magic go for the best big available at 11.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I don't watch college ball but as always I look forward to the draft day trades. Knicks currently don't have any picks but that hasn't stopped the team from working out potential draftees. I wonder what Phil has up his sleeve?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    dasCardboard.eu (21)
    Country

is nobody else interested in the draft?
    are the picks that awful this year?

looks like the 76ers will actually take simmons at #1, so they will have embiid, okafor, noel and simmons...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

are the picks that awful this year?

looks like the 76ers will actually take simmons at #1, so they will have embiid, okafor, noel and simmons...

Early rumours are that they're hoping to trade one of Okafor/Noel/Embiid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Yep. I read a trade rumor a week back of Noel for Jeff Teague.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If there isn't a superstar like Lebron James getting drafted the NBA Draft is kinda weak outside of people seeing who their team will draft.

Plus with most players never saying in college that long anymore the average fans really don't know who they are and have less attachment to them which has ultimately hurt the NBA Draft.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/sto...adelphia-76ers

The Philadelphia 76ers have informed Ben Simmons that they will select him with the No. 1 pick in Thursday's NBA draft.

The 76ers' promise was first reported by Cleveland.com and confirmed by ESPN.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Simmons is legit. Don't watch much college, but after reading of the hype last year, I saw a couple of games. His court vision is something you can't teach.

I know little else about the prospects besides him and Buddy Hield. Will be watching closely tonight for some gut impressions.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    dasCardboard.eu (21)
    Country

As Jakob Poeltl was drafted it was shown on Austrian TV, so I stood up at 2 a.m. to watch it. It’s definitely the best day in the nba year.

My opinion on the draft:

Poeltl was drafted at # 9 by toronto, i would have preferred the bucks. It will be hard for him if biyombo stays.

#10 Bucks – Thon Maker , the OMG moment of the draft. He’s practically a high school player. There were even doubts about his age.
    That’s a far reach at # 10. Many saw him as 2nd round pick. Maybe he will be a good player in 2-3 years.

Orlando traded Ilyasova, Sabonis and Oladipo for Ibaka. So they traded about 35 points per game for a better role player, who might make 15 points and 8 rebounds per game. He did disappoint when Durant and Westbrook were out 2 seasons ago. a bad deal for the magic, but they also made a bad deal when they traded Tobias Harris, so it only fits the picture.

I prefer the late picks of the Celtics to the first picks: Ante Zizic, Deyonta Davis, Ben Bentil, Demetrius Jackson
    They should have traded some of their picks (their early ones). I don’t get it why so many believe that the Celtics are championship contenders. I don’t think that some franchise players will go there. And what will they do with so many players on their roster.

In the end the hawks traded Jeff Teague for Taurean Prince, well I don’t know if that was a good decision…

The Pacers where the big winners of the draft: They received Jeff Teague and Thaddeus Young. Both will help them immediately. Georges Niang could also turn out as a good player. They should be the #2 in the eastern conference now.

Well, the 76ers actually can draft, who would have thought that? Good picks: Simmons, Luwawu, Korkmaz

Denver also with a good draft: Murray, Beasley

ROY-contenders: Simmons, Ingram, Baldwin IV, Kris Dunn, Jamal Murray

Possible Draft Steals:
    24 PHI Timothe Luwawu
    25 LAC Brice Johnson
    26 PHI Furkan Korkmaz
    31 BOS Deyonta Davis
    51 BOS Ben Bentil

Still available:
    Fred Van Vleet
    Jarrod Uthoff
    Ron Baker (may have signed with NY)
    Last edited by FreeAgent; 06-24-2016 at 05:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast