Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: What's new Magoo?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

What's new Magoo?

So I was at the card show two weeks ago and I saw the box............

The first row is all Derek Jeter, then 1.5 rows of vintage baseball and 2 rows of vintage hockey and a row of Gretzky & modern crap.

And the price tag.........

I grabbed a handful of the Jeters and saw inserts and parallels and did some maths - If I could blow out the row of Jeters at a buck apiece then I could make my money back on the whole box and then have some fun with the rest, if the box went for less than the asking price. I talked the seller down by a third and took it home and went to work. Two weeks later I've sold 447 Jeters (turns out some were worth way more than a dollar!) and paid off my eBay fees and I'm $200 shy of paying for the box. Great success!!!

After sorting through, and throwing away most of (due to condition), the vintage baseball I finally took a look at the hockey. A ton of 70's Topps and little bit of 70's & 80's OPC and some modern stuff. The Gretzky "collection" is mainly 1990-92 - garbage. There's about 50 cards I'll be lucky to see a dollar out of hahahaaa, but it all adds up right??

Keepers!!!! .................

Yessir, 5000 cards and that's what I'm keeping :)

OTHER PICKUPS!!!!!!!

The well is pretty dry for Ryan Kesler, not a lot of appearances in recent sets so I started in on a UD Contours "rainbow".......

I have orange and brown incoming

The ITG Vault card is courtesy of SCF's Vault break at the Expo! This card was never actually a part of the original set, I'm pretty happy to own it! It got mailed out to me by SCF staff member and swell fella doniceage. It cost Don NINE DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS to mail one hockey card to Canada from the USA!!! This is outrageous!!!

Next up, 2004/05 SP Authentic, the set that will never end! It keeps popping up one card here and and two cards there, nothing for weeks and then four or five at a time...........

Better stuff:

And last, three from another set I'll probly never finish hahahaa....

Ok then, g'nite!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those BuyBacks are awesome. Always loved the look of those. And that Belfour stick piece from that 5000-card mega buy is really sweet, too!

Awesome Kesler's as always. Just be glad you picked up something for the PC :D Even just one addition is better than nothing Good stuff.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I want that 04/05 SPA Luo ..... where did you find it Ed?
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

eBay. .... $40 BIN/OBO. I OBO'd and it got accepted 3 seconds later, I was a little shocked myself. .....

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBay. .... $40 BIN/OBO. I OBO'd and it got accepted 3 seconds later, I was a little shocked myself. .....

Guess thats what happens when I do my searches at 3 - 4 in the morning ... people beat me to things =S.

If you find another LMK and sweet pickup!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Great looking SPA autos! The set continues to grow! Nice job on recouping the investment!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia