Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: TTM Database Help?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds
    Twitter: @@JGOneSix Instagram:

TTM Database Help?

Hi all-

Don't post much here (in fact, I think this is my first post at all on this website!). However, I am an avid user of the TTM database, and I enjoy adding new addresses when I can. I have a card I am sending out next week to a Reds prospect playing for the Dayton Dragons. His name is Luis Gonzalez, which brings me to my issue. I want to add him to the database, but the only Luis Gonzalez listed is the former Diamondbacks player. Should I add a new player under the same name? Or should I just not add a young, unproven, still-in-the-minors rookie to the database just yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Jason

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes you should add a new player and I would place either birth date or Reds prospect in the notes to help others differ between the two players so the young kid does not get hit with a ton of auto requests of the old slugger! Best of luck on your mailings and thanks for posting on SCF!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds

That's kind of what I was thinking. Thank you!

Jason

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Yes, please put (born 2001) or (Reds Prospect) in parathesis after the last name, thanks!
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I changed it into a new player, and differentiated it from the other Luis Gonzalez.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds

arfmax-

I see that. I thought that by adding a new player and using the same name it would come up separately and I could just use the notes section to differentiate. Guess it didn't work like that. I appreciate you setting that straight and not jumping down my throat on that - my mistake!

Jason

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

arfmax-

I see that. I thought that by adding a new player and using the same name it would come up separately and I could just use the notes section to differentiate. Guess it didn't work like that. I appreciate you setting that straight and not jumping down my throat on that - my mistake!

Jason

No problem at all, there are a couple of quirks with the TTMM, and different players/same names is one of them, but that's what we are here for!