Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

or manufactured memorabilia cards.

I assume a set like this would have to be post-event, since they have no photos of the players in their jerseys, except for a few staged photo shoots. And really, nobody is going to want a set if all the players are in just staged shots. So they shouldn't have a problem getting GU jerseys.

With a tourney like this, they may want to try something unusual. They would probably have to negotiate a new agreement with the NHL/NHLPA since existing agreements probably don't cover this new event (and I doubt they cover "all" future events.). If they wanted these sets to do well, I think they would have to do something new. How about redemption cards for a full-sized GU jersey? They can make the players wear a different jersey for each game, so there should be no shortage of GU material. You can cut up some for card pieces, but have one full-sized GU jersey for each player available. I think that would certainly draw some attention to the set -- at least for the initial sale price.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Memorabilia from the tournament in a product like SPGU would be sweet
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

Hopefully they'll do a set, would be interesting!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Memorabilia from the tournament in a product like SPGU would be sweet

This is what I'm thinking. You might just see inserts and whatnot in products leading up to SPGU, and then game worn jerseys and autos in SPGU like they do with Stadium Series, Winter Classic, etc. I doubt there will be a standalone product except for maybe a little box set but the bulk of the content will probably appear in SPGU.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

OT, but I was surprised to see Dragon Imports is releasing WCH figures, hitting all of the teams too.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@TRDouble - that sounds awesome. They've done a really nice job with the license since taking over from McFarlane.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills

@TRDouble - that sounds awesome. They've done a really nice job with the license since taking over from McFarlane.

I think it's kind if funny that the first Jack Eichel figure I will own will be in a Team North America. Also surprised there is no Conner McDavid in what I assume will be series one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For those asking, here you go.

http://www.beckett.com/news/upper-de...omotional-set/

Issued in five-card packs, 2016-17 Upper Deck World Cup of Hockey will feature a 40-card base set and it will available at participating hobby stores as a gift with purchase. Each team in the tournament will have five players representing them on the checklist.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

Really disappointed with this. Seems like it's going to be a photoshoot set. I'm hoping they also release some World Cup themed insert sets throughout the season in various products (with action shots). I guess they felt like there wouldn't be enough demand for a standalone release

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks for posting that @Whoop - been a busy boy the past couple days and didn't see this one!

Pics from UD:

This will be nice...

I'll echo what @frankiefives said and hope that this is just the beginning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast