Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Gems of the Game - Hockey Edition

All right, so this is one of those funky re-packs that you see at retail every now and then, different from the Fairfield stuff - this is from MJ Holding Company. Difference being you get one graded/slabbed card per box with some packs and extras. I've bought a couple of football ones before and gotten OK hits, so when I saw a hockey I snagged it:

The packs (and hits, if any): One 07-08 Ultra, two 08-09 Victory (Crosby Stars of the Game), two 13-14 Prizm (Gallagher RC, Hiller Net Defenders) and three 13-14 Score (Brodeur Highlights, Killorn and Gallagher Hot Rookies, Malkin The Franchise).

The graded: BCCG 10 Crosby Phenomenal Beginnings #8. Hmmm...not much value in the BCCG stuff anyway - and who grades this little set?!? Nice that it's a "10" (which is only Mint or better in BCCG land) but that's about it

The bonuses: An oversize 06-07 NHL Rookies (Malkin, Stastny, Radulov, J Staal, Kessel and Carle) - was this a box topper in some RC blaster? Nice little PC hit for me on the Stastny there.

AND three packs of "Hockey Greats" individual coins from 96-97. I was buying heavily back then but do not recall seeing these. Does anyone know if they were Canadian-only? Very similar looking to Pinnacle Mint, but with only 25 coins on the list. I got Belfour, David Wilkie and Joe Sakic (another PC hit!), so I guess I'm pretty pleased.

Worth the $20? Probably not, but still fun to break!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This looks like fun ! Those coins are very cool.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, the coins were probably only in Canada..... I definitely remember them. Chelios was an SP of sorts (I've got a set, minus Chelios, somewhere.... I think).

Looks like it was fun!