Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Goodbye Mr Hockey and RIP

It's my daughter's high-school graduation ceremony later today so I booked off of work and was all set to get up and clear off my dispatch board for my relief dispatcher from home and then go back to sleep for a bit. Instead I came here and saw that Gordie Howe had passed away and now I'm a little sad about things eh? So I figured I'd send him off with a little tribute.

I was lucky enough to meet Gordie four times, twice at card shows and twice at Zellers, where he did signings for his book and his line of clothing. I used to own a pair of Gordie Howe sweats! If you were going to a meet & greet you had to get there EARLY - he was a popular guy and he liked to talk. I'm 15 years old and he's asking me how I'm doing in school, if I play hockey, etc..... he LOVED his fans :)

When I was 13 I saved up my allowance for a few weeks and bought an eight dollar money order and sent it off with an ad in The Hockey News and a few weeks later this arrived.......

I've had this puck for 34 years now :)

My Gordie Howe PC is pretty small, but sacrifices had to be made for Ryan Kesler hahahahaaaaacough. I still have a few decent cards tho.........

A few neato modern inserts and misc.................

Three memorabilia cards................

And some autos...............

So that's me, how about you? Got cards? Got stories?
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 06-10-2016 at 02:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Met him once at an Autograph signing about 5 years ago, best $125 I ever spent and the only player I would ever consider dropping that kind of money on to meet/get an autograph. Unfortunately I was star struck and didn't really say much or get to ask him anything but I'll still always remember that day getting to meet him and shake his hand. Unfortunately the 8x10 I got signed from got lost in a move 3 years ago with a dozen or so other auto'd pictures I had in a binder but its the memories that really count... right?

Here's what I have scanned for Gordie and can post at the moment:

(Thanks for this one Ed!)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (156)
    Country
    See 7-11 of Overtime's Items on eBay

In 2003-2004 Upper Deck produced a 30 card subset called Mr. Hockey. It had photographs depicting his days from Floral to Detroit, onto Hartford and Houston. It is a great tribute.

2003-04 UPPER DECK MR. HOCKEY

Some other Inserts:

SCF Rewards
    Country

RIP Mr. Hockey!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Here are some of my more modern cards of his!

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Never had a chance to meet him and certainly not a Detroit fan but had a lot of respect for the type of character he possessed! RIP Gordie! Here is my vintage cards!

0Topps/109_zpsd0abad01.jpg[/IMG][/URL]