Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: #198 Carl Sawatski

SCF Rewards
    Country

#198 Carl Sawatski

I have a card that has #198 Carl Sawatski, from google search the year is 1961, and the stats go through 1960, so assume that it is 1961. but they seem to have very little value. Is that due to the fact that the player wasn't considered a star player and there is no interest. I would just think that a card from 1961 would be worth more than .99 cents that they are selling them for on ebay.

just now learning baseball card and what the wants and wishes of people that collect are wanting. It seems that people are wanting 2016 cards more than they want 1960 and 70 cards. Is that because by now they have completed their sets.

just curious of thoughts in general.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

people collect in many ways.
    some build sets, some collect players, some collect teams, and so on.

a 2016 card of a "scrub" would be worth about the same (if not less) than a "scrub" from 1961.

I, personally, would rather have a 1961 scrub than one from 2016, but that is just me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

I have a card that has #198 Carl Sawatski, from google search the year is 1961, and the stats go through 1960, so assume that it is 1961. but they seem to have very little value. Is that due to the fact that the player wasn't considered a star player and there is no interest. I would just think that a card from 1961 would be worth more than .99 cents that they are selling them for on ebay.

just now learning baseball card and what the wants and wishes of people that collect are wanting. It seems that people are wanting 2016 cards more than they want 1960 and 70 cards. Is that because by now they have completed their sets.

just curious of thoughts in general.

sports- According to the Beckett price guide the Book Value of the card is $3.00. Most cards sell for less than Book Value. Bear in mind that especially with older cards the condition is an issue. Back in those days there was not an active trade market and many cards were well-handled and worn.

While I like the current cards I have a preference for pre-1980 vintage.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have 490 of the 716 of the 1978 Topps card if you are looking for any of those. Of course I don't have Nolan Ryan but I do have Johnny Bench and it has worn corners as you stated a lot of them were well handled. but several are in really good shape believe it or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sports- Thanks, but I am trying to mostly trade for graded vintage. When you don't get to see the cards up close, graded cards make the condition known.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also have some from 1973 but not many, Tom Seaver, Reggie Jackson, but it has a defect wrinkle on front only, Charlie Hough, Darrell Porter, Rick Reuschel and Jeff Burroughs and then I have two teams Oakland As and the Mets. most of these have been in a binder since they were purchased.
    I have Bobby Valentine and Frank Robinson from 75.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea I understand that is what most people want, but that is an expense, not sure how people afford it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea I understand that is what most people want, but that is an expense, not sure how people afford it.

sports- Actually there are many collectors who prefer ungraded. Check out the vintage form on the site. I have never sent any cards in for grading I just trade for them or buy them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

oh ok
    thanks