Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/MBarlow092 See lennoxmatt's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Personally I refuse to buy from anyone using feebay's stupid global shipping program, and for the most part avoid US sales completely unless it's a mega card or shipping is free. Luckily I collect hockey so there is no shortage of Canadian sellers, but I'd hate to be a Canadian looking for baseball or other sports.

As for the strike/lockout I am praying at least some of my cards move so that I have some PayPal to play around with, but as soon as my Buy it Nows expire I'm not relisting until I have a clearer picture of what's happening

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally I refuse to buy from anyone using feebay's stupid global shipping program, and for the most part avoid US sales completely unless it's a mega card or shipping is free. Luckily I collect hockey so there is no shortage of Canadian sellers, but I'd hate to be a Canadian looking for baseball or other sports.

The GSP program stinks, except for Canadians who have American shipping addresses. For them, it eliminates a lot of the competition on lower-to-mid-priced cards and allows the possibility of some nice steals.

It's really the only way for those of us north of the border to collect any of the other three major sports, without getting crushed on shipping charges.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Why would anyone want to collect one of the other sports???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Stop using ebay shipping to Canada. Pretty simple solution.

Another excuse for my American sellers to charge $10+ to send to Canada. Oh, this is an expensive addiction!

If you can find a cheaper way to send cards to Canada, then let us know. But anyone can go to USPS.com and figure out how much it cost to send something there. A padded envelope STARTS at $9.50, unless you have some kind of seller's discount. I didn't know anything about what jaybird mentioned; might have to look into that because that's cheaper than doing it through regular mail. And the $9.50 is just the starting point. God forbid if you want tracking/confirmation.

I live on the East Coast, and I can send a padded envelope to Alaska or Hawaii for less than $3 with delivery confirmation. But to Toronto, which is about 1/10 the distance, its almost $25 total for tracking. Now if the guy charges you $10 and doesn't provide a tracking number and sends it in a PWE, then I would be pissed. But they (usually) aren't doing it just to get more money out of you.

I try to send things in CD mailers sometimes. Its only about $3, and it's better than a PWE. But it can't be more than 1/4 inch think, which rules out a lot of jerseys/memorabilia cards (or lots). And you have to trust the guy on the other hand will admit he got it. Can't really do that on a high-value card.

It's not that Americans are a-holes (well, we are but THAT isn't the reason why...). But that is how much it costs us to send something up there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well that's gonna put a damper on things here in Canada!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well that's gonna put a damper on things here in Canada!!

You've got that right. I am going to start my summer trading break a little bit early.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ronsanto4hof's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Stop using ebay shipping to Canada. Pretty simple solution.

It actually isn't that easy if you want your card to have tracking and be protected as a seller.

I do NOT use eBay global shipping. I simply print the first class label straight from the eBay transaction. First class to Canada that is normally $9.50 at the post office but online purchase has a discount that makes it $9.03.

That $9.03 gives you a label that has buyers address, delivery confirmation and the customs form all together. This is the absolute lowest track able shipping cost I have been able to find that covers me as a seller from the dishonest scum of the world.

I would love to ship to USA only but that isn't a real option for maximizing hockey card sale amounts

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I have been using paypal.com/shipnow for about 2 years and personally have never had an issue. Rates are cheaper and you still have the customs tracking available.

To the topic at hand, as we learn more, there will be notices at the top of SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess I'll only be buying and selling with our American neighbors for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12