Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Panini Anthology - Bigger isn't always better

Gotta be tough having memorabilia but no NHL license.
    Anthology tried to make up for the lack of photos by offering bigger swatches.
    I dunno, for a Lindros / Leclair dual jersey #'d to 99 this card is awful blah.

Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mugmasher's Items on eBay

ya i stayed away from this release ...so many people were getting pumped for it ..without player photos it just looks horrible..but that's my opinion..others may like it ..

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's good for a random PC pickup, or maybe a shot at a few awesome swatches. But other than that it's pretty plain. Couldn't expect much anyway w/o a licence.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had to zoom in and nearly put my head to the screen to make sure that there was an actual swatch in it lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah this has to be the most boring product ever, no license and so dull looking cards why even bother ? ITG didnt have a license but look how many years of awesome cards and sets they managed to produce. This is just money wasted i mean mem cards to like /199 jerseys isnt gonna bring much cash back from boxes lol.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah this has to be the most boring product ever, no license and so dull looking cards why even bother ? ITG didnt have a license but look how many years of awesome cards and sets they managed to produce. This is just money wasted i mean mem cards to like /199 jerseys isnt gonna bring much cash back from boxes lol.

I'm not sure how you can say it was wasted based on how many units they've sold. They're likely not planning to get back into the hockey card producing game anytime soon, so where's the value in them holding on to piles of Malcolm Subban event worn jerseys and sticker auto sheets? Remember, they're not affected by what a #'d to 199 jersey sells on the secondary market; for them, it's all about getting that stuff out the door and let those chips fall where they may. It's revenue, which is better than no revenue and a stash of sticker autos and memorabilia of (mostly) second-tier players.

-------

Sticking to the "bigger isn't better" thread, the girth of some of these cards is ridiculous. A patch card doesn't need to be a brick, but that's exactly what they've produced for several of these cards. Sure they generate some sales of 240pt, 300pt, and 360pt one-touches, but it's excessive.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Not every card can have a pretty swatch, even Prime on occasion had the Prime colors where you would get just the corner of a patch and 95% jersey and who ever would pull it would be disappointed. Or all the Patch cards put out over the years with the dreaded solid white patch.

Not every card in a set can be a hit, there will be misses in every set that includes GU pieces.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good grief, that is the ugliest hockey card I've ever seen. Panini really mailed it in on this one - they couldn't even be bothered to pretend to care about putting an iota of design effort into Anthology. I wasn't particularly enamoured with their products even when they had a license, but gosh, don't let the door hit you on the way out Panini, Anthology was absolutely atrocious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Ive picked up a few cards I'm happy with, but it does suck to get a huge jersey piece with nothing, a couple guys where using those as TTM cards kind of neat idea. For what Panini had to work with I think they made the best of it.

Anyway three of my favorites from anthology
    Pietrangelo Tetrad Materials with 2 nice seams, patch and fight strap

Brian Elliott Massive Materials two cards that come together to form the #1 on his shoulder

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure how you can say it was wasted based on how many units they've sold. They're likely not planning to get back into the hockey card producing game anytime soon, so where's the value in them holding on to piles of Malcolm Subban event worn jerseys and sticker auto sheets? Remember, they're not affected by what a #'d to 199 jersey sells on the secondary market; for them, it's all about getting that stuff out the door and let those chips fall where they may. It's revenue, which is better than no revenue and a stash of sticker autos and memorabilia of (mostly) second-tier players.

-------

Sticking to the "bigger isn't better" thread, the girth of some of these cards is ridiculous. A patch card doesn't need to be a brick, but that's exactly what they've produced for several of these cards. Sure they generate some sales of 240pt, 300pt, and 360pt one-touches, but it's excessive.

You can think what you want, i still think this is the worst product in many years the design is just not there , if you see what you get from a random box no thanks.. not for that kind of money they want..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast