Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Bradenton Marauders (Pirates A) at Clearwater Threshers (Phillies A)

Went to Marauders at Threshers the other night, didn't last past the 2nd inning since it was 99 degrees outside (and very humid).
    My goals were to get some of the extra Threshers cards I had signed, and work mostly on getting the Marauders, as a few of their players sign 2-4 cards per game. It's been tough finishing up those guys since I usually have at least 8 cards of each guy and most players sign all 8 each time.

As the Threshers were coming off the field, I saw Charlie Manuel, former Phillies manager, was there, so I focused on him. He lives locally so I figured he'd be at some of the games, so he came over and signed all 4 cards I had and we spoke for a minute. He is always a really friendly, nice guy and will sign whatever you have.

Then I ran over to the Threshers side. The same guys that sign 2-4 did the same, the others signed everything. There were a few guys they just added to their roster, so I only had 1-2 cards of them. Usually that is why I try and carry cards of guys one level up and one level down from the teams I am trying to get.

I got a total of 29 autographs, not bad, but I've been averaging around 50 this year at the minor league games.

Charlie Manuel 4/4
    Michael Suchy 4/4
    Wyatt Mathisen 1/1
    Cole Tucker 2/2
    Kevin Newman 4/8
    Jeff Johnson 3/3
    Connor Joe 4/8
    Kevin Kramer 5/5
    Jordan Luplow 2/8 (even said he liked my Michigan hat but only signed 2...LOL)

Guess I'll be hitting the Marauders again at least once this season. Problem is I ran out of cards of everybody except for 3-4 guys. In addition, their catcher only signs after the game and with the Florida summer weather, I haven't made it that deep into any game this year (except one when he was off the field before I could find him).

IMG_6415.jpgIMG_6416.jpgIMG_6417.jpgIMG_6418.jpgIMG_6419.jpgIMG_6413.jpgIMG_6414.jpg
    Last edited by mberger718; 06-17-2016 at 06:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

Nice night sans the humidity! LMK if you ever want to move that Kevin Kramer Panini Contenders!