Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

2016 Topps Tier ONE: Turned $140. into $12.

Knew the risk of buying Topps Tier One but wanted to give on box a try, more or less on a dare from a friend. With sales tax cost of the box was $140.

Jersey was Phillies Franco

Autos: Matt Williams and Kolten Wong

Both autos can be purchased for around $5.00 on eBay.

Knew the risk, you can say I was "Wonged"

Owner felt sorry for me and got a jumbo pack for a small discount:

Said before I thought I was done with Topps baseball for 2016, now I think I am. I did resist buying Museum.

Good luck with your breaks
    Last edited by ronfir; 06-18-2016 at 11:56 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch! Sorry for the bad break
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Los Angeles Dodgers Anaheim Angels Los Angeles Lakers
    See desertdogg2006's Items on eBay

I commend you on taking a chance on a box of tier one, but sorry that was an awful break. shame on topps for packing out a box like that. I don't see this product being around next year. ill be surprised if it is. I would wait till the end of the season. iam sure it will be a 75 or 80 box by then, with pull like this. the good news is you cant do any worse than this.

so your next break will be so much better than this. ;]
    Last edited by desertdogg; 06-18-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    collecting rookies auto game used of hall of famer or retired players all sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I commend you on taking a chance on a box of tier one, but sorry that was an awful break. shame on topps for packing out a box like that. I don't see this product being around next year. ill be surprised if it is. I would wait till the end of the season. iam sure it will be a 75 or 80 box by then, with pull like this. the good news is you cant do any worse than this.

so your next break will be so much better than this. ;]

If it is around next year, I know one collector who will not be buying and that would be me. I fell for the thought that maybe just maybe this would have a bat knob in there. But again, I knew the risk. Product would be worth trying at about $40 to $50 a pack but not what I paid for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Thank you for posting and fanning my temptations to try one, and that friend that dared you punch him in the face.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for posting and fanning my temptations to try one, and that friend that dared you punch him in the face.

Too nice of a guy to do that. He has picked out some boxes and packs for me in other product by other manufacturers that have been amazing. He tried two boxes of Tier One and his were not any better than mine.

Buyer beware, sure there are some amazing rewards but I am not sure they over shadow the risk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is Franco avaliable

SCF Rewards
    Country

It costs me a ton to ship to Canada from Texas, so doubtful it is worth trying to put a deal together.
    Last edited by ronfir; 06-19-2016 at 08:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardcollector1972's Items on eBay

Sorry for the bad break. I've seen several bad boxes busted like that. I actually took a chance on a high end box (yep...Topps Tier) for the first time in several years. My box was only $105 but wasn't much better. I ended up with Andres Gallaraga auto #/199 (EXPOS), Drury RC auto, and Brett Gardner relic that I ended up dropping and dinging a corner. That box just reminded me why don't buy high end boxes often unless I'm getting more than 3 cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry for the bad break, thanks for sharing the experience to show the other 99% of the time that most never hear about. You only see and read about the diamonds and you buy one with hope but end up in the rough...