Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Went ICE Fishing, got a MEDALLION for the Whale I Caught

Probably the corniest title I've ever come up with, but oh well here it goes.

Things on the Stempniak front are slow. When your guy rarely gets new cards released, and you already have 90% of the his stuff, not much excitement comes your way for the PC.

Before we get to the reason for the title, here's my excitement that 15-16 provided me. I'm glad UD included him after the good season he had, so I could have the opportunity to pick up something of him in a Devils uniform.

So UD decided to include him in UD2. Here's the goods:

In order:

Base - ePack Foil - Printing Plate 1/1
    Exclusives /100 - Midnight /25 - High Gloss /10
    Canvas

The Midnight comes courtesy of rvelligan who picked it up for me at the expo when they were readily available. Thanks again.

Now onto the main event.

This card that I acquired I actually acquired a few months ago, but I've been a real slacker on being organized and scanning stuff. Story goes, a guy who lives a good 10 minutes away from me has been periodically listing Stempniak stuff over the past 2-3 years probably 3-4 cards at a time. I've gotten a few Rookie Printing Plates from him and each time I would buy something from him I would message him on eBay saying "If you have anything else, please let me know" but I would never get a response. Until a few months before I got this card, the guy responded. I picked up something off of him (which will be shown in a later S&T thread) and I reminded him when I met him in person, if you have anything else, ESPECIALLY this card, please let me know. He told me he didn't think he had it, so I was fairly bummed, but life went on. Until about a month after that he emailed me saying he actually did have it and he would be willing to move it. I'm like yes, score. Couldn't let it slip away. I'm about 110% sure I probably overpaid for this card, but I honestly could care less this time around. This card has eluded me for years, and I had literally NEVER seen one since I had started the PC. I started my Stempniak PC back in 2008, after his rookie year stuff had come and gone, so I had to play catch up. With the acquisition of this card, I now have every card from his Rookie Year, including 1/1's. Not counting printing plates. This card was my biggest whale on my wantlist and now it is crossed off.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

The card that has eluded me for the entire length of my PC (and the reason for the super cheesy title):

05-06 Fleer Ultra Ice Medallion Rookie /25

Thanks for looking, comments are appreciated as always

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(40)+
    Country
    Twitter: @genecummings77 See genorama77's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Fantastic!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those Ultra Platinum Medallions /25 always look great. Wow! Congrats on adding that monster to your excellent collection!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats the 2nd one ive seen now ....... awesome how this super low end card /25 is the 1st either of us own

Congrats!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Nice that's a massive whale! Congrats Derrick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on finally getting your Whale!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thats the 2nd one ive seen now ....... awesome how this super low end card /25 is the 1st either of us own

Congrats!

These darn low-end parallels are sometimes the hardest to land! A lot more types of collectors are exposed to the product being priced lower, and there's really no telling where your card may end up, especially years after the initial release. Could be listed by a power seller on eBay, or sitting in a kids hockey card box.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Congrats!

The other Stempniak collector I know of has never owned one either. 1 card amongst 3 hardcore collectors, absolutely crazy.

These darn low-end parallels are sometimes the hardest to land! A lot more types of collectors are exposed to the product being priced lower, and there's really no telling where your card may end up, especially years after the initial release. Could be listed by a power seller on eBay, or sitting in a kids hockey card box.

I agree, you just never know. It could be sitting in an unopened box somewhere too. I think this is especially true for the Gold Scripts from recent MVP. Only in retail blasters and such a huge set, who knows where your players Gold Script could be sitting, or if it has survived. Maybe little Johnny got one as a 4 year old, and tossed it in his bike spokes.

But in the end, it's the chase that makes it fun

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratz on your Medallion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Couldnt agree more.

For the longest time, i was missing that same 1 card in my Stempnik rc year collection ... Had the 1/1s higher end auto patch parallels /5. I had even seen 4 of the 5 spgu exclusive spectrums /5.

I believe there are only 2 Stempniak collectors now as i got out and made sure to move all my rare stuff to Derrick as i got on the bandwagon 1st i want to say. Was able to get a ton of /5 /1 with very little competition.

I told Derrick awhile back i saw one of these on ebay for forgot to bid and it went for 0.99. Crazy that the none of the bigger Stempnial guys had it .... must have gone to a set guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast