Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Trade Rumour Mill Heating Up...

Without going all Eklund, let's have some fun discussing the latest rumours circulating around the NHL...

Word is that Pittsburgh and Calgary are talking about Marc-Andre Fleury. Penguins are interested in that #6 draft spot, perhaps looking at Nylander or Juolevi?

I think that would be a huge deal for both sides, and it would be the end of an era for the Pens if it should come to fruition. With the expansion draft looming a lot of teams are going to have some difficult choices to make over the next year.

What else are you guys hearing?

Habs GM Marc Bergevin is working the phones apparently, so as a Habs fan I'm a little anxious to see what will come of any talks.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

No way PIT gets that #6 for Fleury. I don't know what else they can include along with Fleury as we have no prospects/Picks. I think that early second rounder + Prospect is more likely for Fleury. Then again Calgary might be more desperate and Fleury has won a cup and had a great regular season this year.

Pens have to make moves as they are way over the cap. I'd hate to see Fleury go but its just about necessary.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Isn't ever GM "working the phones" around this time?

I find it amusing rumors circling the Sabres, because it seems like Tim Murray says completely random stuff, and you never really know what he's up to. Should be an interesting draft with big names available, and picks ready to be moved.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Habs really need size up front, someone who can play on the top two lines however.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm expecting the Oilers to trade down from #4 (but stay in the top 10) and upgrade that blueline.

Of course, they'll likely just dissapoint me & take Tkachuk...... who I think is a fine prospect, but I don't want another blue chip forward :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I think the Oilers would be smart to move down. They could get a nice D man still by moving down a few spots

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yes!

Matthews is #1, Laine is #2. Those are as locked in as you're going to get.

The next 3 picks (in no particular order) are probably Puljujarvi, Tkachuk, Dubois

So if you're in the market for a defenseman you've got Sergachev, Juolevi, and Chychrun to pick from still (the top 3 ranked for the draft). I would take Chychrun, then Juolevi, then Sergachev..... but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Alex Nylander is also in the mix..... and likely doesn't fall to #9.... so I think if you want defence, and you've got a top 9 pick, you're probably safe.

If I'm the Oilers, I'm looking to make a big move that involves a swap of picks. Subban's name keeps getting mentioned in trade rumors... I don't buy it for a second, but if something like RNH + 4th for Subban + 9th was on the table, I do that in a heartbeat.

Bogosian out of Buffalo is the other one that's been popping up in trade rumors recently. If a deal like #4 + Yakupov + Reinhart for Bogoian + #8 + Something else was on the table.... yeah, do it.

(is that kind of thing actually out there?? I don't really believe that it is)

I think the Oilers would be smart to move down. They could get a nice D man still by moving down a few spots

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No way PIT gets that #6 for Fleury.

No way I would every say "No way" when it comes to NHL GMs! Some of them are awfully stupid at times. But I agree that Calgary would be insane to trade a #6 pick for Fleury. With his playoff history lately, I wouldn't touch him. So what if he has won a Cup? A lot of bad players have been on Cup-winning teams (Dan Carcillo, George Parros, Jeff Schultz, etc.). Plus, he's already 31 years old. Maybe 09 was a fluke or something. But he has shown nothing since then that would show he can win in the playoffs. Seems like everybody and his brother has a goalie on the market because everyone is afraid of losing one in an expansion draft. I think the price for a good goalie is only going to drop the longer you wait.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

There was a Twitter feed from someone within ESPN (I think?) that stated Calgary were working on a deal with Tampa for Bishop.

I'm hoping the Habs have some moves up their sleeves. Would love to get a crack at Dubois too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I heard the Habs were interested in David Backes.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast