Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Knicks trade for Derrick Rose

Article here

What do you guys think of the move for Chicago and New York?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Chicago had to do it. The Rose/Butler tension last season was too much. Rose has undeniably lost a step, but he keeps trying to play as though he hasn't.

New York is willing to take on anything at this point. I don't know about the fit, but they honestly didn't give up all that much to get him, IMO, so it looks like it's worth a shot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It seems like all the injuries have finally caught up to Rose and he's basically done. But the reward is probably worth the risk seeing who the Knicks traded away and it isn't like the Knicks are going anywhere next year anyway. A good move for the Knicks in my opinion but it seems like Rose is going to be added to the heap of injured what ifs like Hill, McGrady, Penny, etc versus actually going back to his MVP days.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laconaduke's Items on eBay

The Knicks gave up Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon for a guy that can play at a MVP level if he can stay on the court. Your not making the playoffs with those three bums so this is entirely worth the risk. If Rose can stay somewhat healthy one of the coaches his game will flourish under is Hornacek and with the lack of a big man on this roster right now it means the Knicks have abandoned the idea of the triangle or a move to sign Gasol, Biyombo, Horford or Howard is in the works. If you score one of those guys along with Rose, Melo and Zinger you have a big 4 and in the East your making a deep playoff run. Whether you want to admit it or not this dramatically changes the landscape of the east and don't be surprised if more changes don't happen with the Bulls on draft night.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks
    Country
    See andyg2350's Items on eBay

I still see the explosiveness in Rose. He had a heap of moments during this past season but just didn't show the consistency that he had previous to his injuries.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laconaduke's Items on eBay

The more i dig into this trade I realize this is about Rose's expiring contract and creating cap space for after the 2017 season. I have a feeling the Knicks are up to something big for the 2018 season.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The more i dig into this trade I realize this is about Rose's expiring contract and creating cap space for after the 2017 season. I have a feeling the Knicks are up to something big for the 2018 season.

I don't think they are finished building, KD is an option. Dwight would suit here, even I think he's almost a bum, or was in Houston. NY could trade for Love.