Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

And To The Final Piece of the 2005-06 Oilers Goaltending Roster!

Soas my title says, I just completed the gathering of a full roster of goaliesfrom 2005-06 Edmonton. I've got Morrison, I've got Markkanen, I've got a FlamesRoloson, and even a Desluariers item from later seasons, and now...the lastone.

I'llbe honest, next to Devan Dubnyk this guy is by far my second least favoritegoaltender in the history of the NHL. But for the purposes of the museum, Ineed something of every goalie to play in the league.

Bornon March 30, 1976 in Anchorage, Alaska, Ty Conklin was a standout goaltender withthe University of New Hampshire and despite never being drafted into the NHL,the Oilers signed him in 2000. On October 16, 2001, Conklin made his NHL debutfor the Oilers, going between the pipes in relief of Tommy Salo and stoppingall four of the shots he faced. He appeared in four games in 2001-02, spendingthe majority of the season in Hamilton of the AHL, and then the entire 2002-03season with Hamilton as well. In 2003-04, he had finally earned the back-upposition to Tommy Salo, before he overtook the starting role. Conklin was oneof the two first ever goalies to play in an NHL outdoor game in the HeritageClassic that season. In 2005-06, he was in a tough position as the Oilers had adifficult rotation of goalies going on, from Ty Conklin to Jussi Markkanen toMike Morrison to Dwayne Roloson, and even Jeff Deslauriers via call-up (thoughDeslauriers never played that year). Conklin was limited to 18 games thatseason, however, in the Stanley Cup Finals, he was placed in goal in relief ofthe injured Dwayne Roloson and was instrumental in a miscommunication withteammate Jason Smith that resulted in the team throwing away game one. The BlueJackets acquired Conklin in 2006-07, and then traded him onto Buffalo that sameyear. In 2007-08, the Penguins signed Conklin and there, his career bouncedback. He recorded a career high 0.923% save average in 33 games (a franchisehigh as well) and then he also played in the second ever outdoor NHL game. To topit off, he also backed up Fleury in the Stanley Cup Finals. The next season,the Detroit Red Wings acquired him and he once again played in another outdoorgame, an NHL record for most outdoor games. And again, he backed up in the CupFinals to be defeated again...also a third time. He then appeared in two seasonwith the St. Louis Blues from 2009-2011 and then ended off his career with afinal 15 games with Detroit in 2011-12.

Inhis career, Conklin appeared in 215 NHL games, recording a 96-67-4-17 recordwith 17 shutouts, three assists, a 2.69GAA, and a 0.906% save average. Additionally,in two playoff games, he recorded an 0-1 record with a 2.38GAA and a 0.917%save average.

Thepiece you are looking at right now is a 2005-06 season Edmonton Oilers gameworn blocker used by Conklin from the start of the regular season until somepoint in January 2006. Wearing this blocker, he recorded his 2nd careershutout, and 20th career win among other games. It is full of wear anddefinitively photomatched.

Acquiredfrom: Fellow collector in Alberta

Datesof Game Use: 11-14 games from October 5, 2005 to possibly February 10, 2006

Photomatched:YES

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great wear, great colours, awesome piece to the Oilers Goaltending puzzle. Well done!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content