Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

What would you rather have.

I haven't been buying as much product as I used to and being home on workers comp I have too much time on my hands. I usually pick a topic and research it for a week or until I get bored with it, this week I have been reading up and researching a lot about the Titanic, now as a collector there are a lot of things that intrigue me about the Titanic and I wouldn't mind having some sort of relic from it. I was trying to see if there was a cut signature of the Titanic's captain Edward j.smith and they are out there but I have never seen any for sale, which brings me to my original question what would you rather have a cut signature of Babe Ruth or a cut signature of Captain Edward J.Smith of the Titanic, just curious thanks for replies in advance take care Steve.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I love history but as a die hard Yankees fan I would say Babe Ruth for me. Hope all is well Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love history but as a die hard Yankees fan I would say Babe Ruth for me. Hope all is well Steve

Hey AJ all is well, this was a tough choice for me being a Yankees fan but I chose the Captain of the Titanic and here is my reasoning. I figure there are so many Ruth signatures floating around that eventually I could pick one up. The historical significance of the sinking of the Titanic was a one time thing, whereas although Ruth was a once in a lifetime player who was very significant for some reason I think getting a signature of the Titanic Captain would be worth more from a historical point of view.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Steve- I would agree with you that there are probably more of the Ruth around.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Steve- I would agree with you that there are probably more of the Ruth around.

Yep definitely more Ruth around, another little tidbit of information, we wouldn't have had Hershey's chocolate as we know it today but he cancelled his trip on the Titanic at the last minute.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

I'd go with the "Babe" Ruth sig., it would be much easier to sell when the time came to part with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd go with the "Babe" Ruth sig., it would be much easier to sell when the time came to part with it.

Easier to sell yes, but would you get as much money for it as you would for the Captain of the Titanic's autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't disagree, but I think you can always find buyers for high end.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd take the Babe Ruth autograph since I'm not really interested in a guy who is famous for crashing an unsinkable boat into an iceberg and prematurely killing hundreds of people.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd take the Babe Ruth autograph since I'm not really interested in a guy who is famous for crashing an unsinkable boat into an iceberg and prematurely killing hundreds of people.

Peter- But at least he did cause the box-office breaking movie to be made.