Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Contacted upper deck today ..and they straight up told me they wont do anything for me since these where purchased on the secondary market (not even give me the similar number in the new batch..they told me upper deck is not responsible for these cards being faked...that what you get for tryinng to help them boys!!! they dont care about their customers who spend thousand each year's on their products..ty upper deck shake heads

Aside from going after the people who are selling stolen / forged property - what did you expect them to do? You bought the card from someone that was not them.

In theory, there are 249 redemption cards either still in boxes, or pending in people's accounts. How would they be able to send one to you (when / if they make them) if they have to be able to honor 249 redemptions?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If i am a big compagny like upper deck and i send something to a player and cards get lost or stolen (especially 249 cup card with coa on the back)..its my responsabilty to make sure that the hobby know that those cards where lost or stolen..gallagher lost these cards almost 2 year's ago ..yes 2 freaking years..and they waited until this week..to make an announcement( after ppl like me pressured them on it)..half of those redemption ppl took replacement cards already..so upper deck will have around 100 gallagher not claimed at their disposal..The fact that upper deck blatantly lie to me on multiple occasion about this is also not helping..this is from their post The cards are Upper Deck property and we ask that if you come across one of the cards, that you contact our Fraud Investigations Team immediately at [email protected] ..EMAIL IS boggus not even working...when i called upper deck to say that the email was not working they told me its because this is only for redemption holder..Make 0 sense..0. if you find 1 of these cards pls contact us at our boggus email who do not work..so we can tell you sorry nothing we can do about it...

They say these are upper deck property i asked them if they wanted the cards back. they then again said i need ot contact their [email protected] is almost like a day to day job..its like speaking to a wall..i get a different answer everyday..Customers services at upper deck is extremly poor.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Aside from going after the people who are selling stolen / forged property - what did you expect them to do? You bought the card from someone that was not them.

In theory, there are 249 redemption cards either still in boxes, or pending in people's accounts. How would they be able to send one to you (when / if they make them) if they have to be able to honor 249 redemptions?

lots of redemption of gallagher got replace..i know a few ppl my self who got replacement..and after this post i know also a few more who will ask for a replacement since its gonna take another year before gally get those , sign them and ship them back

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

If i am a big compagny like upper deck and i send something to a player and cards get lost or stolen (especially 249 cup card with coa on the back)..its my responsabilty to make sure that the hobby know that those cards where lost or stolen..gallagher lost these cards almost 2 year's ago ..yes 2 freaking years..and they waited until this week..to make an announcement( after ppl like me pressured them on it)

There is a fair amount of assumption here, while Upper Deck does have a responsibility to inform the customers once they have confirmation; how do you know when Gallagher or his agent lost them? Do you know when they finally confirmed to Upper Deck they were lost? Also just because the cards showed up Upper Deck has to investigate whether or not they are the actual card and Gallagher signed them and then they were lost or stolen, whether or not they were lost before they could be signed, or even if they are counterfeit from scratch. They probably also could not do anything until they had written confirmation from Gallagher or his agent that they were lost, most likely by signed affidavit that the cards were not signed. Only then can they announce that they are doing replacements

..half of those redemption ppl took replacement cards already..so upper deck will have around 100 gallagher not claimed at their disposal..

This is another assumption as while it is likely some people may request a replacement, you are assuming that a large number will be replaced. Go back and look at Ryan Whitney's Cup Rookie as an example; there were very requests for replacement cards as people felt it better to exchange it than wait for it. But more waited than exchanged by a significant number at my LCS one guy waited for at least 6 as he builds the rookie sets. In the end it came out that Whitney had lost the cards THREE(3) times, but until they were finally in hand Upper Deck officially never moved from "The Player is Committed to Signing". They had to look into it quite a bit in case the cards showed up.

Will there be some Gallagher ARPs exchanged because of the wait leaving some as replacements for other customer service issues? Yes, however this still doesn't mean Upper Deck is going to replace your cards and to be fair to their customers they can't. Look at the fake Doughty posted on here the other day, even though the seller was notified it is a fake patch the seller is leaving it up and intends to sell it(as of the last time I checked). Say someone on here buys it, gets a sweet deal on it. Seller has good feedback, PSA graded it (We all know they don't verify the patches), but Upper Deck originally produced it. Should Upper Deck replace the card once the customer finds out it is a fake?

The fact that upper deck blatantly lie to me on multiple occasion about this is also not helping..this is from their post The cards are Upper Deck property and we ask that if you come across one of the cards, that you contact our Fraud Investigations Team immediately at [email protected] ..EMAIL IS boggus not even working...when i called upper deck to say that the email was not working they told me its because this is only for redemption holder..Make 0 sense..0. if you find 1 of these cards pls contact us at our boggus email who do not work..so we can tell you sorry nothing we can do about it...

I can't comment on this as I have no information regarding your actual conversation outside of your claim.

Once again, I sympathize that you got screwed but it is not Upper Deck who ripped you off. While you are a victim in this Upper Deck is a victim in this as well and cannot replace those cards without opening up a large window to make themselves larger victims from those who would gladly take advantage of it as well.

They say these are upper deck property i asked them if they wanted the cards back. they then again said i need ot contact their [email protected] is almost like a day to day job..its like speaking to a wall..i get a different answer everyday..Customers services at upper deck is extremly poor.

Their front line customer service has never been all star and goes through regular turnover that makes consistency a problem, as for them getting the cards back, they have said that it is there property, ask they for a fed ex pickup to get them back and send them. While they will not replace your cards because they are stolen, they may send you something as a reward for helping out and as a way to show gratitude and sympathy. This however depends on how far you went with demanding they replace the cards or whether or not the calls got heated or stayed professional.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

dint have any demands..and i was always polite with them ..even after the way i was treated in this matter. the problem with the fake patches is easely avoidable..create a gallery on upper deck site for certain product with high end patches..that way collector can easely verfied..i mean its not always on us to create those tool to help ppl in the hobby (like hobby insider archives etc). and no i dont make assumption..i know somebody a big retailer in canada that work with upper deck has a favor to me asked them directly about gally cup cards and they knew prior to the release of cup that the cards where lost.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Contacted upper deck today ..and they straight up told me they wont do anything for me since these where purchased on the secondary market (not even give me the similar number in the new batch..they told me upper deck is not responsible for these cards being faked...that what you get for tryinng to help them boys!!! they dont care about their customers who spend thousand each year's on their products..ty upper deck shake heads

You obviously knew about the Gallagher cup RC being a redemption and not made yet. It was pretty obvious that the card was a fake Auto. Its not their fault YOU bought a fake Auto on a card YOU knew wasn't produced yet. Once they send out the cards they cant control what happens to them. You should have done more research.

Sure UD could do a nice thing and send you something and make a happy customer but that means they are losing money and doing a bad business thing. From a neutral stance here its all on you UD isn't at fault here at all.

You came on here and questioned the card so you definitely had doubts in the first place.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

You obviously knew about the Gallagher cup RC being a redemption and not made yet. It was pretty obvious that the card was a fake Auto. Its not their fault YOU bought a fake Auto on a card YOU knew wasn't produced yet. Once they send out the cards they cant control what happens to them. You should have done more research.

Sure UD could do a nice thing and send you something and make a happy customer but that means they are losing money and doing a bad business thing. From a neutral stance here its all on you UD isn't at fault here at all.

You came on here and questioned the card so you definitely had doubts in the first place.

i knew about it? really? and upper deck is not at fault here? is that you chris carlin? i love how YOU use caplock to presume stuff about me ..i've been in the high end community for year's ive helped track down fake cup patch..and you come here and try to tell me that i knew about them before i bought them? you think i keep track of redemption? you do not its been 2 year since product was released right? and that every single cup cards of is even is dual shield is live right? So dont come here gun blazing telling me I Knew About it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

i knew about it? really? and upper deck is not at fault here? is that you chris carlin? i love how YOU use caplock to presume stuff about me ..i've been in the high end community for year's ive helped track down fake cup patch..and you come here and try to tell me that i knew about them before i bought them? you think i keep track of redemption? you do not its been 2 year since product was released right? and that every single cup cards of is even is dual shield is live right? So dont come here gun blazing telling me I Knew About it.

I didn't mean like that. I know you've been in the hobby for a while. What I am saying is you knew about the Gallagher not being made/produced. You still bought it even though you kinda knew something was odd about it. I don't see how UD is at fault for something they cant control. I just feel like with you questioning the auto you had an idea something was wrong. That's not on UD.

HOWEVER if I was running UD I would definitely have some sort of compensation for you as the cost of sending you something is better than having an unsatisfied customer that may not buy anymore of UD products.
    Last edited by theboxbreaker96; 07-30-2016 at 05:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

''Its not their fault YOU bought a fake Auto on a card YOU knew wasn't produced yet. Once they send out the cards they cant control what happens to them. You should have done more research''

So from your point of views every person in the hobby KNEW these Cards where not produced yet..ill make sure to go magnum p.i everytime i buy a cards from now on ..since its now on us to make sure those card that come with coa on the back ..numbers of cards i buy i think ill need to quit my job.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

No i dint know gallagher cards where not produced when i bought them..i knew he was a redemption but that was 2 year ago...tarasenko cup card is live..i dont know when it became live? unless you have a specific redemption of thats palayer how should i know ..be honest you are in the toronto show buying cards ,you see a gallagher cup rc..you know the card is real right its a cup card from ud(2 colors patch)dont really ask if its real patch..you buy it and move on..then after a few months, while you go to your stuff ,you decide to move that cards and post it..then a friend (who work with upper deck)tell you hey where did you get that? those cards where lost by gallagher..really? then you start doing researchs and you make a post on sfc and hobby insider and beckett and you contact upper deck and send them pictures and all the info about the cards etc and upper deck at first tell you they dont know..and time pass by and still nothing..then you call them again and again and have ppl tweet at them ..and still nothing..and a weeks later they finally make a post about it..and they tell ppl who are in posession of any of those gallagher to get in contact with their fraud team..and the email they gave do not work . you call them again..and guess what, they tell you the same peperonie extra cheese they told you 2 weeks ago..i am fedup..and i think its my right to be..a real compagny would have atleast get in touch with me by now..and i am still waiting. you post a picture of a pull on their facebook they like and post on it after 15 minutes, you ask them a about a problem they dont even reply..
    Last edited by thegreatgasby; 07-30-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast