Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just don't like the attitude UD is taking with this situation, now mainly I guess this is because I take the stance if a card is listed in the 13-14 cup checklist, I don't think its realistic or fair to expect an average consumer to then be like well I better do some research to make sure Gallagher didn't lose his cards and they were actually never officially released.

I guess this where its a bit of a grey area with regards to how to do the right thing ... I don't see it being fair for UD to in any way compensate the buyers who overpaid for these .. such as the buyer you mentioned who chose to believe there were only 5 ad paid 800 .. that greed is on himself but I think maybe offering a same BV replacement to destroy the card is fair? something along those lines? if they decline then its a whole different dilemma but right now it seems the stance is LOL too bad, you should have known better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Upper deck has to do something for buyer's who bought those..i mean never did upper deck told the hobby that gallagher lost those cards..and the average customer has no clue ..i mean my self know a lot about high end stuff..and not once i doubted the authenticity of those cards ..who would? you buy a cup card online or from a seller the only thing you have to check is the patch ...cuz that can be altered to increase the value..but when is the last time you told yourself is that signature real? on a licensed product from upper deck like the cup? do i have to go sherlock holm everytime i buy a card? i called ud twice..i sended messages via twitter,. facebook sended picture via email explained the situation ..upper deck is telling me nothing...they responded to a few emails but after i gave them pictures annd accurate facts about those cards ..nothing for almost 4 days..all they need to do is make 1 annoncement that those cards where lost and that they are working on this matter..so the hobby know that those gallagher are not legit..and i am sure more ppl will contact them and maybe from there they can find who is the person selling those..My guess is they tried to hide it..said we can just reprint them and nobody will know..i mean i know some ppl who are still waiting on those redemptions ..and when they call ud, they tell them gallagher is still commited to sign them...so my guess they dont make any announcements cuz they fear the backlash from it and dont want to look bad again..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would say at most, you MIGHT be able to get a real Cup Gallagher RC, if you exchange the fake one for the same serial numbered one. ( for the fake auto versions only ). UD puts out a release saying the non auto versions are fake and do not belong in the set.

I dont think it should matter how u acquired the auto version or how much you paid for it ... a simple exchange makes sense to me.

This does bring up the problem of the other ones thoough, some guy could just fake auto the 10+++ ? copies of the Gallagher he has, and get real ones. Leave that to UDs discretion.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

mean my self know a lot about high end stuff..and not once i doubted the authenticity of those cards ..who would? you buy a cup card online or from a seller the only thing you have to check is the patch ...cuz that can be altered to increase the value..but when is the last time you told yourself is that signature real?

I look at the patch, auto, overall condition ...... also something so blatantly obvious like that fake Gallagher auto should have been something you pointed out right away .... like, its not even close

SCF Rewards
    Country

I look at the patch, auto, overall condition ...... also something so blatantly obvious like that fake Gallagher auto should have been something you pointed out right away .... like, its not even close

my issue with that stance is you are assuming this person is familiar with Gallagher's auto, otherwise you are basically suggesting every auto card you buy, you double check and do an auto comparison? I just don't think that is a reasonable expectation, one of the big draws for me to purchasing UD auto cards is that they certified it is authentic so I don't have to second guess and triple double check if my autograph is real.

I do agree with your earlier point though, I think some form of exchange would be fair, doesn't matter how much you paid for it, that is on you at this point in the secondary market, much like their redemption exchanges and etc just exchange for something similar BV or playerwise? I don't think its right for UD to just sweep this under as a too bad so sad for the buyers.
    Last edited by R39; 07-09-2016 at 05:36 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

i dont think upper deck need to refund what we paid..i think we should receive similar beckett value in trade..if you paid 800$ for it well that is just plain stupid...has far has saying that i should have know when i bought it i did a test on facebook (upperdeck) site asking what is wrong with this card..and nobody pointed out the fake auto..gallagher auto vary a lot ..but after some research we know that he never close is B fully..and lets be honest nobody in the hobby second guess auto on cup cards like never..well mabye that is about to change if these kind of problem start to happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe its just me, but I do check the auto out ....... for legitimacy? No. But I do look at the auto for signs of fading, size of the auto on the space given or if the auto stays on the sticker .... color of the pen used if the majority of the set is supposed to be blue / black .... stuff like that.

You should always take a few seconds at least, expect all the corners / edges and surface, the centering if that bothers you. Take it out of its holder if you need to. If the dealer doesnt want you to he's hiding something. Expect your patch / patch window make sure it looks legit ..... and take a look at the auto.

When you buy shoes or an article of clothing, do you not make sure its in good condition before buying? Make sure the shoe fits, there are no scuff marks, no stitching or manufacture problems around the boot ..... same with clothes, do you just take the one you like off the rack without trying it on, looking for holes, maybe the collar is stretched a bit from when someone else tried it on. Cards are really no different from anything else you buy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

i can assure you that anybody with some art background can make a perfect gallagher auto ..and at that point you need an expert to authentified the auto for you (dont know if you saw the video where they took some girl with art background at the show and made replica of lindsay and bower and most of the authenticator at the show couldnt even see the difference..so having a coa from the compagny like upper deck ..normaly mean you dont need to doubt the signature..sure the signature can be faded or smudge but in this case,none of them apply..So you are left with the compagny reputation..its easy to say oh man that auto is clearly fake after you saw the fact and had time to do some research. most ppl i showed the card at first told me that the auto seemed legit ..until you point out that he never close is B . i looked at like 150 of is signatures since last week and i saw multiple variation of is auto but on every one of them he never close is b..after you know that its easy to figure out.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

UD has in the past made statements about Gallagher's Cup RC's. It's somewhere in the archives here. But even with that said, it's not as though everybody knows, or even remembers reading, about the status of the cards. That's a tough spot for sure.

I am surprised that their attitude has been less-than-on-top-of-things. This is kind of a big deal. People are using their cards in an unauthorized manner and profiting by using the certificate of authenticity printed on the back of the card. It's fraud. But it's going to be collectors and Upper Deck's name that loses out until the seller is caught and reported.

I've posted this thread on Twitter and UD is usually pretty good at liking/RT'ing my posts so I'm sure they're aware of this situation at a higher level than the customer service reps you've dealt with to this point.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

yes i saw on twitter i retweeted your post thanks again any help to spread the word is appreciated!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast