Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

What's with the lack of golf sets?

What is with the surprising lack of golf sets being made? Nothing has been made since 2014. Since then, we have had a plethora of men (Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, etc.) without rookie cards, some top women (Lydia Ko, Lexi Thompson, etc.) as well. We have an Olympic event coming up, and the major stars are clearly starting to age. I understand it is a small niche, but both Leaf and UD have made cards in the past, and both companies have stopped for the last two years.
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

They must not be profitable at all because Leaf doesn't do them. If they were they would be pumping them out every year. I don't get it either because I was going to ask this exact same question as there are a ton of good golfers with basically nothing on the market while other sports constantly get overproduced.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

Was wondering this as well. Would love a nice SP Authentic Golf 2016 set to collect but haven't seen anything since 2014. Very unfortunate as I was looking to start collecting but enjoy busting the new products and not older ones

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also Upper Deck could probably use the cash as well so I take it that golf isn't a big seller because they would be pumping out the high end brands with Tiger Woods autographs. Unless the utter and total collapse of Woods is why Upper Deck doesn't release sets. But maybe it is too costly to get all the individual golfers to sign for a set now?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually miss Leaf Ultimate and Leaf Metal the most, those had such a nice spectrum of on-card autos from a wide range of golfers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Goodwin Champions has autographs of Daniel Berger,Troy Merritt,Robert Streb,Jessica Korda,Inbee Park and Justin Thomas this year so that gives us something to look forward to. The bad news is that Allen & Ginter only has Cheyenne Woods :(
    Last edited by bblair_2002; 07-12-2016 at 08:28 PM.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd maybe expand that and ask where are all the non big 4 autograph sets? I mean besides golf what about tennis and boxing? I know Leaf did a lot of sets with Ali but is there not enough interest for a boxing only set? Maybe a mix of guys with no autographs and legends from the past?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd maybe expand that and ask where are all the non big 4 autograph sets? I mean besides golf what about tennis and boxing? I know Leaf did a lot of sets with Ali but is there not enough interest for a boxing only set? Maybe a mix of guys with no autographs and legends from the past?

Yeah, there have been a few soccer and tennis releases recently, but I do agree it is so much more spread out than the other sports. It would be nice to have another "catch all" set like Goodwin.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Goodwin Champions has autographs of Daniel Berger,Troy Merritt,Robert Streb,Jessica Korda,Inbee Park and Justin Thomas this year so that gives us something to look forward to. The bad news is that Allen & Ginter only has Cheyenne Woods :(

Yeah I'll be hunting that Korda. At least I know once I land it I'll have all of her certified autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

Multi sport sets are fine for buying single cards for PC but they are a bit useless when you only collect a sport or two and they feature athletes from 10+ sports you don't want. Plus Upper Deck doesn't have a license for any major sport except hockey so the other sports feature garbage images of the players.