Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Major Change to COMC Shipping for Canadians!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

Blog was a little confusing to me but it seems instead of 3$ flat it is now 4.99 plus duty? I guess this might be the end of comc for me because I usually pick up my low end to save on shipping. Now if shipping becomes so expensive it wont be worth it. Will have to see on my next shipment

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

"we now charge duties when you place your shipment request, alleviating you of any surprise fees while eliminating"

It's the same thing as Pitney Bowes and Global Shipping Policy on eBay. Instead of paying duties on 'Surprise!' 3-5% of my orders I now pay duties on 100% of them.

Ridiculous. I suppose I am done with comc as well as well as US sellers for any of my small purchases. I only used comc's services for about 1 year. It was a pretty good run but now I'm sad for not having utilized it more :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch, That hurts a little. I only used comc on a couple dozen purchases and also found it convenient as a secondary to ebay. If it's going to cost the same or more then ebay, comc will be a wash for me.

This would probably have a decent impact on those who buy epacks as well. If you intend on keeping the hits, it will cost more to ship the cards back to you.

***edit*** I actually misread the article of the shipping on orders over $50. I now see that they only "recommend" shipping it as a parcel. So all in all, a disappointment to have higher costs... It's at a point were I spend more on the shipping then the cards are worth
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 07-06-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: edit

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm curious how the duty fee is calculated? Based on what you purchased the cards for, or on what the suggested retail price is?

right now I have 12 cards ready to ship, I paid approx 50$ for them. To have them shipped regular mail is now 4.99 + .41 cents duty. I think I'm still getting a good deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

I'm curious how the duty fee is calculated? Based on what you purchased the cards for, or on what the suggested retail price is?

right now I have 12 cards ready to ship, I paid approx 50$ for them. To have them shipped regular mail is now 4.99 + .41 cents duty. I think I'm still getting a good deal.

I wonder also.
    Checked mine and I would have to pay .70 + 4.99 to have my 36 cards shipped. Spent around 75.00 so the extra .70 on it is not so bad
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's a shame, hoping this isn't the start of a continual upward climb on shipping fees on COMC. Their flat rate $3 shipping was the #1 reason I started buying from them. Hoping the shipping just stays here now at $4.99 + duty and stays put.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

dont they have a warehouse in bc?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

dont they have a warehouse in bc?

From my understanding when talking to them before I did my first shipment, all of the cards are stored in their warehouse in Washington state and then they drive all of the packages over the Canadian border once a week for Canadian mail delivery.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wish I had known this was coming, and requested a shipment last week...... no rush now though.

I'll be getting at least one more 100+ card shipment from them, and after that? we'll see what this last one cost. If I have to pay duties, it's going to be hard to justify purchasing as much stuff there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast