Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Bernier to the Ducks?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Bernier to the Ducks?

http://www.tsn.ca/maple-leafs-trade-...-pick-1.523469

Leafs dumped salary, sending Bernier to the Ducks for a conditional picks. Trying to figure out why the Ducks want to take on that extra salary....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Good move for the Leafs to get his salary out of the way. Now the Maple Leafs need a new backup..
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

well they had a good back-up
    but they moved him
    to san jose
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

well they had a good back-up
    but they moved him
    to san jose

Yeah... Leafs should have kept Reimer.

But maybe they can sign Enroth as a backup?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Let Bibeau play.
    Mathews and Marner stay in the minors (Marlies, London)for the year and we get another high draft pick while the kids get to play for winners and the national teams. Gaining experience and maturity.
    Would make us a year closer to getting out from under some bad contacts. (JVR, Lupal, Bozak) Trade them for picks near the trade deadline to further stock the future.

Realistically Mathews doesn't stay in the minors but why not. Let the kid experience a winning atmosphere and also grow physically and mentally. One more year of a non playoff contender I could handle as I think it would make for a stronger/longer future for the Leafs.
    Last edited by waf; 07-08-2016 at 10:54 PM.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Let Bibeau play.
    Mathews and Marner stay in the minors (Marlies, London)for the year and we get another high draft pick while the kids get to play for winners and the national teams. Gaining experience and maturity.
    Would make us a year closer to getting out from under some bad contacts. (JVR, Lupal, Bozak) Trade them for picks near the trade deadline to further stock the future.

Realistically Mathews doesn't stay in the minors but why not. Let the kid experience a winning atmosphere and also grow physically and mentally. One more year of a non playoff contender I could handle as I think it would make for a stronger/longer future for the Leafs.

Even with Mathews the Leafs will still be one of the worst teams in the league and will almost be assured a high draft pick once again.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Even with Mathews the Leafs will still be one of the worst teams in the league and will almost be assured a high draft pick once again.

I agree with you. So there is no need to rush him into the NHL
    That is why I would let him play in the AHL/Europe/National teams. Let him be in a winning or at least a more positive environment while gaining another year of experience and physical development.
    Last edited by waf; 07-09-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Read a little more about this. Didn't realize that the Ducks were more of a "budget team" than a "cap team". Bernier's Salary includes a $2 million bonus that was paid out on July 1st. It's likely this was an extension on the Freddy Anderson deal. Leafs would move Bernier for a pick, but only after they'd eaten that Bonus.... helping the Ducks raise their cap number, without hurting their cash flow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Per the revealed details the Leafs will likely never realize the conditional draft pick in this trade so it really was nothing more than a salary dump. In a couple of seasons he went from the team saviour to being worth less than a sack of pucks.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news...b9&ocid=AARDHP
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content