Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Average wait time for ttm

I am new to this, I sent out close to 40 letters, and after 10 days, I haven't received anything back.

Whats the average wait time for a ttm??

Thanks

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

There is no reliable metric on this, as there are too many variables. Are you sending to a major league baseball player, who this week is on All-Star break? Are you sending to a home address of someone who is on vacation for the week? Are you sending to someone who gets one piece of fan mail a month, or 50 pieces a day? Did you send to someone in Canada, where there are currently postal issues? It is more accurate to assess the standard wait time for an individual player, and for that, I would look at the TTMM: https://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've had them back as soon as 10 days and as long as 4 years.
    Wanting Jerry West & Former Tar Heels

SCF Rewards
    Country

My quickest was 7 days my longest so far was just shy of 2 years. Like arfmax said it all depends on the signer. Sometimes they wait until they get a set amount and then just pound through them or maybe a player signs them as soon as they get them and then ships them out, or maybe the player signs it and it gets lost in the mail for awhile before it finally makes it to your door. There are just too many variables to say what an average wait time is to receive successes

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really depends on the player for example it took 5-6 months for Lawrence Taylor but only 22 days for Paul Posluszny

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am new to this, I sent out close to 40 letters, and after 10 days, I haven't received anything back.

Whats the average wait time for a ttm??

Thanks

I am sorry but I really hate these kind of questions. This is the kind of question my 9 yr old (understandably) asked me when we started sending out TTM. My answers were like all the responders

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Embrace the fact that you will get things back quickly, sometimes after a long wait, other times after a very long wait and then there are times you will never get your items back. I in fact like that I as seem to mail in bunches and get returns coming in at different times!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

My average over nearly ten years of collecting is 72 days. Shortest is 3 days, longest is over 7 years. Around 17% of my requests have not come back after waiting at least a year.

Remember two things
    1 - You aren't the only person mailing to them.
    2 - They have other things to do in life than to answer autograph requests as soon as they receive them.

Patience, grasshopper...