Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

McDavid, sell or hold on?

I normally dont ask these kinds of questions but my BGS submission came back today and I have 2 9.5 YG's, should I sell them now or hope for a big second season and maybe a raise in the secondary markets? I'm leaning towards hold but with how mass produced S1 was I'm also scared maybe they peaked already and could even drop slightly more.

What would ya'll do?

SCF Rewards
    Country

don't sell during the off season
    wait until at least the World Cup and you can decide from there

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

sell....
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I think if it were anything else on the higher end side besides the YG. I would keep it. But the YG seem to be way over produced. There are a ton of 9.5s out there. I have seen his stuff be red hot, then down when he was hurt then back to red hot again when he came back. Now that the season is over he has cooled down a lot. I would sell off the YGs if it were me. If it were something more rare i would hold on to it. He had 48 points in 45 games as a RC. If he is healthy he has the potential to have 100 Points every season for a very long time. Yes the YGs can go back up in value, but i dont think its worth the wait on those. But thats just how i feel about it. I may try to pick up some more of his rare stuff this offseason and see how he turns out next year. He rebounded very well from his injury and i have a feeling he is going to live up to the hype. Sort of like lebron james in basketball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sell them!!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I would sell just before the season (WC) or when the season begins and he puts up a few points and gets the hype again. Sell when the most eyes are on him. Best of luck, and congrats on the high grades!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

sell now
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Seems like the consensus is to sell and that's what I figured.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would sell as well...how much are you looking for? :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe that selling the card now would be best, as McDavid was the "Hot" rookie for the 2015-16 season so everyone wanted his card. If his play levels off next season or if Auston Matthews plays as good as everyone says, everyone will start to chase his cards & not McDavid's.

As a Calgary Flames collector I went after Sam Bennett's rookie cards this year. I wont be buying much of Bennett's rookie cards next season unless they are really cheap, because I will probably be going after Matthew Tkachuck's rookie cards if they become available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast