Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tarasenko 2015 SP Authentic Autographed

I have been waiting for this card since May of 2015. Today I sent Upper Deck an email asking about it. They told me Tarasenko is still committed to signing but they have no idea when. They say they bug these athletes to sign but in the end it is up to the athlete. They said if I no longer wish to wait for the card that I could give them 4 or 5 names and or teams I like and they will send me a different card. No guarantee I will get a player I want but the card will have the same Beckett value as Tarasenko.

My question is. Should I wait? Or should I give up and get a different card?

Card I should be getting.
    5/28/2015 VLADIMIR TARASENKO
    2013-14 NHL SP AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPHED FUTURE WATCH PATCH // CD# 276 #'ED TO 100
    Last edited by Harrison11; 07-21-2016 at 08:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the last thing Tarasenko signed was his 60$ million dollar contract of last year.

The dude just doesn't want/like to sign anything.

As for your question, I'd hold as it's the patch version

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya I was leaning towards holding. Like your comment of last thing he signed was his contract. ��

Just irks me that he won't sign like other athletes. Pulled a Mats Sundin #/15 The Cup Emblems of Endorsement and UD is packaging it right now. Only a couple months wait.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See chris_brown2's Items on eBay

id wait just a little while longer before giving up on it myself

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Because of the long wait for Tarasenko's SPA rookies, a lot of collectors have given up and requested replacements. If he ever does sign, those few cards that people held on to will be worth a fair bit. At some point, though, you have to say enough is enough and you want an actual hockey card. Tough choice, but I'd lean towards giving it another 4-6 months. If he still hasn't signed by the end of the year, that may be time to move forward.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you want it bad enough, hold out as long as you can. Earlier this year, I finally gave up on a bunch of Panini redemptions. I waited two years because I really wanted these cards to exist, but that was my limit on what would have been PC items.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I am waiting on a Tarasenko FWA and I will NOT request a replacement.

Upper Deck advertised and promoted that the product would have Vladimir Tarasenko and Sami Vatanen signed future watch cards. If they cannot convince either player to sign, then like it or not, they have inadvertently been giving the people who are waiting for them, false advertising.

This is why I hate the exclusive agreement between the NHLPA and Upper Deck. The players have the company by the short hairs. They say, "you want the exclusive? Pay up, but we do things OUR way".

Should be the other way around. The players should be given certain windows of time throughout the year to sign cards they are asked to sign. If they don't sign, the card should not be included in the given set. Simple.

I know this is not how it works
    , but for the amount Upper Deck paid for the exclusive agreement, the players should at least stop being a**holes and honor their commitments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

I'd wait, he'll sign them eventually.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's a pretty big card. I'd wait it out. If he signs them, they'll surely bring a pretty penny if you decide to go that route
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am waiting on a Tarasenko FWA and I will NOT request a replacement.

Upper Deck advertised and promoted that the product would have Vladimir Tarasenko and Sami Vatanen signed future watch cards. If they cannot convince either player to sign, then like it or not, they have inadvertently been giving the people who are waiting for them, false advertising.

This is why I hate the exclusive agreement between the NHLPA and Upper Deck. The players have the company by the short hairs. They say, "you want the exclusive? Pay up, but we do things OUR way".

Should be the other way around. The players should be given certain windows of time throughout the year to sign cards they are asked to sign. If they don't sign, the card should not be included in the given set. Simple.

I know this is not how it works
    , but for the amount Upper Deck paid for the exclusive agreement, the players should at least stop being a**holes and honor their commitments.

With the amount of Panini cards that weren't signed during the agreement with the NHL and NHLPA, I'd say the exclusive agreement has nothing to do with it.

I'd like to see the card companies say, here is what we want and if we don't get cards signed within a certain time period, then we want the right to notify our customers that the card will not be signed by the athlete, and by result, we want money back on our deal. The bigger the name of the non-signer, the bigger the payback to us. A player like Troy Brower doesn't sign, we get $xxx amount back; Tarasenko doesn't sign, then we receive $xxxxx amount back.

The problem with that is, eventually, the NHLPA will probably drop a Tarasenko from their signing list/agreement altogether (which should lower the cost of the license too, but probably would not) and there will be another card company ready to give and pay the NHLPA what they want, headaches and all.