Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sase

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sase

Want to get your guys' opinion on this. I was told that it's very bad if you don't always send a SASE with an autograph request. I don't have the money to always send one and only send one occasionally. Is it rude if you don't send a SASE? Is it true some guys won't send you back your stuff if you don't include a SASE?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't expect to get anything back without sending a SASE.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

You should always include a SASE. You are asking for something from someone (an autograph), and so you want to make it as easy as possible for them to oblige you. If you don't include a SASE, they need to find an envelope, address it to you, find a stamp, and take it to the mailbox or a post office to mail it. If it is a bigger item like a ball or a helmet, you are asking them to go find a box for you, etc. Some of these guys get a ton of mail a day, you definitely don't want them to have to do extra work, or they will likely just toss your request.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    See bfd13's Items on eBay

I think most former players would take it as an insult if you don't include an SASE. They've been signing for years and they know that 99 percent of their requests come with SASE. I'm guessing the others get tossed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think most former players would take it as an insult if you don't include an SASE. They've been signing for years and they know that 99 percent of their requests come with SASE. I'm guessing the others get tossed.

I am very new to TTMs, I started early June of this year. I have sent out about 125 and gotten about 70 back so far. Only have sent out about 10 SASEs. So far, only 4 guys have asked me to send a SASE back. It is possible however that others may not say anything because of some of the things I include in my LOR. The main reason I don't send them out everytime is because I don't have the money. I already spend more money on the cards and stamps than I should. If you haven't figured it out by now, I am not the eldest of people
    ''

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks everyone for your responses so far

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sorry but this post is just insulting to read. If you have the money to send out 125 request then yea you have the money to send out a SASE. You just can't send as many. You probably have such a high success rate because you are writing really nice well known signers who sign everything like Doerr. A lot of these guys didn't make much money when they played. If you can't send a sase, don't send a letter. If you want some free/cheap autographs write by email, a lot of coaches,actors and political types sign that way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sorry but this post is just insulting to read. If you have the money to send out 125 request then yea you have the money to send out a SASE. You just can't send as many. You probably have such a high success rate because you are writing really nice well known signers who sign everything like Doerr. A lot of these guys didn't make much money when they played. If you can't send a sase, don't send a letter. If you want some free/cheap autographs write by email, a lot of coaches,actors and political types sign that way.

I've only payed for about half of the ones I've sent out. I never even knew this was a big deal until someone told me recently. Players I've gotten responses from haven't always been guys that have the highest response rates. I've almost always gotten very nice replies including a couple short letters thanking for my request. Only about 5 guys have asked for a SASE next time. Most of the people I sent to are either very old guys who haven't had much sent to them or famous players that have a good amount of money.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If what you guys say is true then the only reason I'm getting responses much be because of some of the personal info about myself that I have included in my letter of requests

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you can't afford to send an SASE, cut your request amounts in half so you can. The players are doing you a favor, don't make them pay for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast