Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See puckfan9's Items on eBay

Fraudulent Doughty Cup RC Listed

From a reputable consignment seller.

eBay auction:

Fake Patch

Archived Original Patch:

mwdonald's archive pic #30

I thought I remember this cards being re-patched, then some story about it being patched back to the original. I don't know. Getting too old to keep all these stores straight. Anyways, the fake is back in and slabbed.

Cheers!
    Dan

UPDATE -

I contacted the seller and they told me to take the issue up with PSA. Like a high-end dealer like that doesn't know PSA doesn't authenticate patches; only grades the condition. Oh well, now hopefully you all have a little insight about this seller!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes sir, that guy is a joke! That Ovechkin 09/99 he has listed is also FAKE! I wouldn't bid on any of this guys auctions when I see him listing junk like this. Pathetic
    Last edited by high_end_stuff; 07-27-2016 at 11:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol that Ovechkin doesnt even look close

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-06-THE-...AAAOSwbsBXl7uS

Add in its a PSA 5 but mint to the naked eye means something's up
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Cards are being sold by a consigner. No way to say whose cards they are and who faked them. Could be possible that the listed selling (in accepting the items) didn't know they were faked?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cards are being sold by a consigner. No way to say whose cards they are and who faked them. Could be possible that the listed selling (in accepting the items) didn't know they were faked?

When you see big time cards come through your door, and think about the 10%ish your making on consignment ..... your card intuition is blocked by $$$

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I contacted the seller and they told me to take the issue up with PSA. Like a high-end dealer like that doesn't know PSA doesn't authenticate patches; only grades the condition. Oh well, now hopefully you all have a little insight about this seller!

What would eBay say if you reported it as a fake item? As you have proof and you took the initial step of getting the seller to take it down so no one else buys a fraudulent piece of merchandise. You would think if the seller did not take it down eBay would.

As the other person posted it all about dollars.

You think PSA would in the future take time to check out cards that are easily faked to help their reputation. As you showed it only takes a few seconds to verify if it fake or not.
    @Dewwen

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 07-28-2016 at 10:45 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So, I just re-entered the hobby so forgive my ignorance, but what's the easiest way to tell if the patch has been replaced/repatched?

For instance, a quick glance of the Ovechkin Cup RPA and I would think it's 100% legit. Also since Probstein is selling it...

After some research, I now know that this card has been repatched multiple times but what if I don't have that luxury?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, I just re-entered the hobby so forgive my ignorance, but what's the easiest way to tell if the patch has been replaced/repatched?

For instance, a quick glance of the Ovechkin Cup RPA and I would think it's 100% legit. Also since Probstein is selling it...

After some research, I now know that this card has been repatched multiple times but what if I don't have that luxury?

Well with Cup Cards collectors have been putting a master list of original patches when they get pulled. So they use these lists as comparisons when they see they new listings to see if they have been replaced with new patches.

I am sure some of the other collectors will give you link to those sites if u wish.

If you do not have the luxury you could easily end up with a fake.
    Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's interesting that the consigner didn't remove the auction when notified - I've let him know about other fakes in the past, and he's always been responsive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See itscarmelo's Items on eBay

Eberle is fake too, so is the Ovechkin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast