Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Good points. I think you may notice we did make it a point in ITGU to crop the photos better to hide the lack of logo. We will do his going forward more to mask the lack of logo. Their will be times it isn't possible, but it will be more of a point for us.

Great to hear!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

No worries. I am never one to tell someone how they should collect and what they should enjoy. The individual experience is one of the beauties of this hobby. We are not allowed to go beyond 2 current players. The NHLPA UD exclusive is the culprit behind that. For now anyway.

That really sucks. And it explains a lot too. I can't lie; I enjoyed UD hockey product this year. But it's the first time I have in a few years. 2013-14 was Panini, ITG... and UD SPA. It's why I enjoyed ITG and still hope for the best from Leaf. The smaller companies have always been so much more diverse with the products, even if some if it was born out of necessity.

Also. Don't think for a minute I am trying to diminish the past ITG products. They were ground breaking in many facets, but they also became a bit stagnant. Many of the products we changed or removed just were not selling. Something had to change and not everyone was happy with that change. We understand that.

Yes, that's true. I loved BTP, but the last release was really not that good and can be bought on the very cheap now. It was great, when you could buy up ITG product at bargain basement prices, but that could not have been good for the company's future releases. I miss the base cards, but I don't mind the Hit approach Leaf has taken and I understand why. Some of ITG's best releases were Hit based (Captain-C, Stickworks, Decades, etc), BTW. The loss of the AHL license really hurt ITG, as it took away some of the diversity of their product. Some might laugh at the AHL license being a big deal, but when I look at my collection, I have some great AHL cards of former and current NHL Stars, like Carey Price, Ryan Miller, Pekke Rinne, Bobby Ryan, etc. Having a pool of NHL (former and current), AHL, Junior and International players really opens up the options. Unfortunately, I think Leaf suffers from the same lack of options that ITG had at the end, and the additional restrictions just add to the problem.

Maybe I didn't make my point the way I intended. While I know you legally cannot, there's better ways, in my opinion, than airbrushing the logos out. I can't remember what release it was but you used a semi-turning shot of Lemieux I believe. Almost a full body pic and the lack of logo never came into question because of the angling of the shot. I thought the card looked fantastic! Had it been a front shot where the logo was brushed out it would have left a totally different impression.

These are just my opinions.

I agree, ChuckNorrisFearsS, but I will give Leaf credit for trying something different and trying to get away from the same, limited shots that sometimes plagued ITG releases. In the end, it didn't work that well, but I appreciate the effort. The best thing about 2013-14 BTP were the from behind goalie shots. There were some good, full shots of the goaltenders that obviously found a way around the licensing issue. But you couldn't do that for every release.
    Last edited by TRDouble; 08-08-2016 at 11:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

And thanks for coming on here to discuss things with us, LeafGregg! Much appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country

And thanks for coming on here to discuss things with us, LeafGregg! Much appreciated!

Always my pleasure!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Maybe LeafGregg can answer this for me. With the old ITG releases they did not airbrush the logos off the goalie masks. I think the explanation I got for that was it was considered "artwork", thus it could be shown on the card. Leaf has been airbrushing the masks. Is this just done out of an abundance of caution, or was the old ITG pushing the envelope on what was allowed? And by the way, I have to say, just in terms of quality, the last 2 ITGU releases look absolutely incredible. Beautiful cards. The old ITG had nothing that compared to that, IMHO. And limiting the airbrushed photos is great news!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

Old ITG did on some cards. One I remember was a Daniel Bethiaume on the Kings, where one was airbrushed and one not (base vs auto)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123