Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 year in the works...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

1 year in the works...

Update - September 6, 2016

i added these two bad boys.

Last June 2015, i decided to completely revamp my collection and ditched all of my cards (ended up selling the majority to my LCS) and start a vintage collection. Since i love rookie cards i chose to focus my collection on PSA graded HOF rookies. I began with the 80s and am making my way down to the pre-war stuff...so far most the 80s is done and i have a few from the 70s/60s and even 1 from the 50s. For the 80s all of the cards are PSA 9/Mint or better and for the rest of the decades it will be whatever i can afford.

Another change that i did is to host all of my cards on a website called 'image event', they charge a small fee per year but it is so worth it.

Anyhow here is the link to my 'show', please let me know what you think!! (feel free to click on the images for a hi-res pic)

http://imageevent.com/vintagerulz/gradedrookies
    Last edited by Zorro; 09-06-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow. Very impressive collection of rookies! So much nice cards in there!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (150)
    Country
    Army
    Ottawa Senators
    See sensrookie's Items on eBay

Very nice scores on the last 3-4. I like where you're going with the PC. Keep up the nice work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow. Very impressive collection of rookies! So much nice cards in there!

Very nice scores on the last 3-4. I like where you're going with the PC. Keep up the nice work.

Thank you guys! With the way vintage is trending, this is definitely a lifetime project. I'm also a car enthusiast so that has taken up some of the 'hobby' funds this summer and I have a toddler too!

Thanks again for the look and the compliments!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great collection :)
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

That's a nice display, better than photobucket for sure :)

What made you decide to change your PC up?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a nice display, better than photobucket for sure :)

What made you decide to change your PC up?

Thank you for the kind comments everyone.

In response to sluggo's question...

If I’m going to be brutally honest, one of the main factors in my decision was $. I just grew tired of seeing my cards depreciate in such a brutal fashion. I understand that collecting shouldn’t be about money and that is all fine and dandy but there comes a point where you just can’t take it anymore.

Another reason is the amount of product out there…since I am a RC collector I enjoy acquiring RC cards but the cheer amount of product makes it almost impossible to get all of the RCs of a certain player. Memorabilia cards are also not my thing so that cuts like 75% of the cards out there. Maybe it's my OCDness but I am super anal about condition and in more than one occasion I have received cards not the way I expected them.

There are a bunch of other lesser reasons but I came to the conclusion that graded vintage was my best bet for the following reasons:

• retains value and in lots of cases increases
    • 1 player = 1 or 2 Rookie cards at most
    • no potentially fake memorabilia to worry about
    • graded cards mitigates the risk for a card not to be what I expect it to be

In addition, by focusing my collection on RCs of HOFers it has really helped to acquire quality over quantity. Now, you will see some newer guys in my collection such as; crosby, ovechkin and price so some exceptions will be made, but the newer guys will be limited to their YGs and only in PSA 10.
    Last edited by Zorro; 08-12-2016 at 02:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i added a couple more!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Grade on those cards... Hard to find 80's stuff that grades that high. Congrats..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

very nice congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast