Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See tobler0ne's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

2016 UD ultimate Worst product of the last decade.

Ud ultimate Came out yesterday..hugely anticipated product..Decided to watch a few group breaker to decide if i wanted to buy a few cases, And holy......It was bad...like average pack value was around 70$ (300$)+ is the current retail price.. most packs go like this 3 jersey cards (5 to 10$ each , 1 nobody auto, and 1 semi nobody auto or patch..case hit are cards worth 100 to 150 on average (except for the mcdavid pulls and the occasional /99 rc) Stay aways from the product until
    it goes down. At 1500 per inner case , its like getting robbed in day light. Product is heavely diluted that why high end product should stay 100% live ..and like always lots of redemtpion even mcdavid, (exclusive to ud , still has redemption).

Sure ppl will say '' yea but i dont buy cards to make $$ and i respect that..but for a lot of ppl, who spent ton of money on high end products ,we expect a lot better from a banner product. most breakers i talked too , told me they were ashamed to sell that product to their clients.

anyway my rant is over

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

I hate to say it as a big Cup collector, but I have a bad feeling about The Cup this year...

SCF Rewards
    Country

breaks I watched, cards seemed to have a lot of soft edges and a lot of flaws as well. Too bad for such a high priced product.

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

In anticipation of demand for McDavid, UD produced far more product and spread the money cards paper thin across the production run.
    Exactly why I don't open boxes

SCF Rewards
    Country

This has been the case for high end UD wax for the last 10 years ...... im not sure why people think its going to be any different
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

When was the last time Ultimate was good? Seems like it's been like this for the past 3 years.

I'm glad they put it on Epack, it will sell on there at least. If it doesn't, then they really need to revamp that product or drop it all together.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

ALOT of plain jersey cards, way too many for my liking at the price point. The designs are BRUTAL also, last years was a much better design, gorgeous looking cards, despite a weak rookie checklist.

As usual this year though, upper deck is leaning almost entirely on McDavid to sell this release. Hence the reason that seemingly every release this year has twelve different rookie card variations, that way you can see McDavid on a dozen different variations in every set.

I don't know about you guys, but the last couple of years I've gotten very sick of seeing uninspired "retro" versions of cards from every set (i.e: this year we get to see 2005-06 retro rookie parralels in ICE, SPX, Ultimate, etc....) We've seen those designs once, stop recycling them and come up with some fresh ideas.
    Last edited by adamslogik; 09-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe it could go for worst product of the last decade in hockey only but if we include the worst of any sport over that time it wouldn't even be the worst of the past couple of years. I'm not saying hockey collectors are spoiled or something but compared to the other 3 big sports it seems to have the least amount of "dud" products released to me.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

You guys are right I just watched a couple cases on youtube and wow its pathetic. For the price I agree it could go for worst product of the year easily. Ultimate has been a dud for 6 years or so now. They revamped it and made more expensive and they made it worse IMO. Essentially double the junk for double the price.

As for worst of the past 10 years I could also agree with that. I started in 09-10 so anything before that I cant say. Panini put out a couple of garbage products too if I remember correctly Luxury Suite comes to mind when it came out it was way overpriced. Now that I think about it this Ultimate has to be the worst product I have ever seen.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

If we're talking WORST product by any company, I have to throw 2010-11 Zenith out there as a possibility. Absolute Garbage.

As far as Higher end though, this one is definitely a nominee.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast