Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Where were you on 9/11/01?

This is a date that most of us will always remember where we were and what we were doing when we found out about the World Trade Center.

I was on a consulting project less than 5 miles from Newark Airport. 3 of my client's employees lost family members in the World Trade Center. They closed early that day. Driving back to the hotel I could see the plume of smoke across the river.

We should never forget the efforts of the Police Department, Fire Department and the Military to keep us safe.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Royals St Louis Blues
    Twitter: @cool_vintage

I was waiting to go to my PM kindergarten class, and my mom had the news on (Not sure if she just had it on or someone told her to turn it on) I just remember seeing black smoke billowing from one of the towers. I have no idea how I have any memory of the attacks.
    Last edited by cool-vintage; 09-11-2016 at 01:19 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Blazin_pyro's Items on eBay

I was going to write something about 9/11 but seen this and figured I would write what I was going to say. On 9/11 I was going to work and heard about the second plane going into the tower. When I got into work, the TV was on and I seen the first tower going down and knew from that day forward my life and job would never be the same. For the ones who don't know I'm a Fire Captain living in California and I was going to work my first day of my shift. I am now going on my 31st year and pretty soon it'll be retirement but I will never forget that day.

I have never been to the memorial in New York but I will. The National Fire Academy in Maryland has a memorial too and I have been there six times, going again in December and probably in March to teach. It is a beautiful memorial for the loss of 343 fellow firefighters but in our business if there is a memorial than it's not for a good reason. Obviously I didn't know one of those men and women but they were our brothers and sisters and will never be forgotten. And we should never forget the 72 law enforcement personnel who also perished that day from NYPD and NY Port Authority.

Now we have over 5,000 first responders and other personnel that are struggling with various cancers related to 9/11 and we have already lost about 1500. And we can't forget what this has done to our military forces who are protecting us everyday.

Remember their families and what they have missed for 15 years -- fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, and friends.

Never forget.......

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I was working housekeeping at a mall where I used to live, I was off work that day so decided to sleep in, when I woke up I turn the TV on, I got dressed and got my iPod and headphones and decided to take a walk to the card shop I always went to..When I got there and walked in the door and the owner was listening to the radio, after listening for a couple minutes he asked me if I heard about what happened and I told him no, so he told me about it..When I got home I turned the TV on and sat up most of the night watching the news channels..

I have never been to the memorial in NY. But live about a half hour from the Flight 93 memorial in Shanksville PA and have been there a few times.Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Home, sleeping in after the Broncos/Giants game the night before.

My wife took the kids to school, and heard it on the way home on the radio. She woke me up when she got home, and we just saw the second tower get hit. Needless to say, we were glued to the TV all day.

I still remember her yelling at me in the kitchen that the first tower was falling.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I was working the night shift and I was getting ready for bed when I saw the news broke. I was born an raised in Staten Island NY and had several friends that worked in that area. I watched in horror all day. I lost a few friends that day and it is a day I will never forget.