Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone have good rookie reprints (Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Roy, Hull, etc)?

Looking for a small lot of rookie reprints (front and back) of any star player rookie cards or any other nice reprints of famous cards such as those old cigarette hockey cards (just one per player). I know really good ones that feel like the real thing exist for Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Roy, both Hulls, Sakic, Coffey, Amonte, Trottier, etc. I'm not talking about those Parkhurst Reprint sets made by actual card companies in the 90s or Topps Archive or O-Pee-Chee 25th Anniversary.

Was just curious if anyone had them for cheap with Canadian shipping (if I could afford more then I'd be looking for the real thing lol but I'm a student so my collection is mostly common cards of good players).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Reprints (really counterfeits) are illegal and should not be sold. I've been caught purchasing a Gretzky and a Lemieux and fortunately was able to get my money back. I find this post extremely sketchy and would ask the Mods to shut it down, investigate the OP, potentially remove this person from the site.

Or I could be completely paranoid and overreacting :) worth digging into this further.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you're going to the Sports Card Expo in the fall (in Toronto) I'm sure there's a table that usually sells them for a few cards.... Gretzky, Roy, Lemieux, Orr, Michael Jordan (I think that's it). Something like $1 each or 5 for $4.... and he'd have 100s (or thousands) of copies on hand. They don't cost much anyway (even if my prices are off).

They look great to fill out sets in binders (a reason a bought a few of them, a bunch of years ago). Can have a Gretzky card in a set of 79-80, without actually putting a Wayne Gretzky RC into the binder.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, I probably won't be able to attend a card show for the near future but I'll just check there when I go since the eBay ones seem to be a rip-off especially with separate sellers/shipping. Btw do you happen to know how the 1992-93 O-Pee-Chee Anniversary ones are like? Are they the vintage grainy texture or are they built like those thin cheap early 90s cards?

Reprints (really counterfeits) are illegal and should not be sold. I've been caught purchasing a Gretzky and a Lemieux and fortunately was able to get my money back. I find this post extremely sketchy and would ask the Mods to shut it down, investigate the OP, potentially remove this person from the site.

Or I could be completely paranoid and overreacting :) worth digging into this further.

Chill out I'm buying them for my own PC not selling them and claiming them to be originals lol. I wrote reprint clearly in the title. I don't sell or trade cards on here anyways, only buy and that was once like 3 years ago.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks, I probably won't be able to attend a card show for the near future but I'll just check there when I go since the eBay ones seem to be a rip-off especially with separate sellers/shipping. Btw do you happen to know how the 1992-93 O-Pee-Chee Anniversary ones are like? Are they the vintage grainy texture or are they built like those thin cheap early 90s cards?

You means these ones? They've got a border around them that the originals would not have:

There's also these ones, where they use the same style as the RC, but a different photo:

There are also these ones.... I think look much nicer.... from 1998-99 Topps. They look the same as the original, but with a glossy finish (and clearly a lighter cardboard):

Topps continued to do similar cards into the early 2000s.