Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Signed Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, actually I've never been part of any forum, including facebook, twitter, or whatever.

I'm here because I have a Wayne Gretzky rookie card. It's signed by the great one himself. I want to know how to get it authenticated.

Some history...My son's mother's ex boy friend is in the Canadian military...he attended a military function about 8 years ago, for which Wayne Gretzky was attending to honor soldiers who went to war. The ex boyfriend asked my son if he had anything that he wanted signed by Wayne Gretzky. Well, I gave my son Wayne Gretzky's rookie card, and he passed it off to the "ex". Sure enough, the "ex" came back and gave my son the Wayne Gretzky rookie card, and it's autographed by the great one.

None of you have to believe it...that's ok. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way I can get the rookie card signature authenticated. The card itself is not in great condition, but it's not in the worse shape either.

I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I'd like to bring it to someone/expert in the area, who can look and (hopefully) authenticate the autograph. I'm not going to anyone's house, it must be a legit business.

Cheers all...

Hank
    Last edited by Hank31641; 09-17-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: shouldn't put personal address

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

You can send it to PSA and they'll grade it and also note if the auto is authentic or not, which I'm sure it is. plus PSA is preferred for vintage cards to get graded.

http://www.psacard.com/services/tradingcardgrading/
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the reply...I'll check out the link and see what's involved.

Cheers

Hank

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If you are worried about sending it to them through the mail, you can try to catch them at a card show and deliver it in person. They do the Expo in Toronto, but I don't know where else they go up there. And if you pay extra for a rush job, sometimes they will do it right at the show (pick up next day or so). But I don't know if they do rush jobs for auto authentication.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Story isn't true until we see a picture, post one up for all of us to drool over please.