Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Please Note - Leafsman will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Wanted: Cody Goloubef, Reilly Smith, Josh Bailey, and Casey Cizikas FWAs

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for Cody Goloubef, Reilly Smith, Josh Bailey, and Casey Cizikas FWAs.

I mainly collect SP Authentic rookie cards but I might have to take an RC from another set (I do have Josh Bailey's RC from The Cup and Casey Cizikas's Luxury Suite RC, but I prefer SP Authentic). They were redemptions in SP Authentic and for reasons that are beyond me, this somehow causes people to go ballistic with their asking prices.

Never understood that. To my knowledge, they signed all the cards. And they certainly are not star players. Sure, there may not be many on the secondary market. Some believe that Upper Deck holds cards back to limit the numbers available. Even if this is the case, it doesn't change the fact that all the cards are signed, and it certainly doesn't excuse the ridiculous asking prices.

I trade using BV and sell using SV. Simple. Trading at sale value won't work with me, sorry. Here is the maximum value I would trade for each card:

Goloubef $50
    Smith $40
    Bailey $30
    Cizikas $30

Many will say my values are WAY too low. I say they are accurate (some are BV, some are my value). These players have had extremely underwhelming careers. To me, stats matter; eBay values do not. Their accomplishments do not justify the crazy asking prices.

Help me find these!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi Tony

You can believe what you believe but based on supply and demand for these cards they are hard to find. Until UD releases all these other cards you say are signed and being held back the prices are what they are. If there is any one out there that is willing to sell those cards for the prices you are willing to pay for them I would be very surprised. If there is someone who has those all I would buy them all right now for those prices you are willing to pay. Them being basically common players has very little to do with the price. It doesn't seem right but it is what is . Just my 2 cents .

Cheers Mike

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

wow......I for one am speechless

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Hi Tony

You can believe what you believe but based on supply and demand for these cards they are hard to find. Until UD releases all these other cards you say are signed and being held back the prices are what they are. If there is any one out there that is willing to sell those cards for the prices you are willing to pay for them I would be very surprised. If there is someone who has those all I would buy them all right now for those prices you are willing to pay. Them being basically common players has very little to do with the price. It doesn't seem right but it is what is . Just my 2 cents .

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike.

To clarify some things:

1. I find it impossible to believe those players never signed their cards. Those cards are not "rare". The only issue is that those who have copies of those cards are not parting with them or advertising them for sale. Just because a card is rarely on the market doesn't make them more valuable.

2. Please read my post more carefully. I did not accuse Upper Deck of holding cards back. My exact words were "Some believe that Upper Deck holds cards back to limit the numbers available". I do not personally hold this belief, but it would not surprise me if it happens.

Bottom line, I will not pay $100+ for a card of a third-line player because he was late in signing his cards. That's the only reason prices are high. Had they signed on time, prices wouldn't be that high.

That's why I feel the way I do

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

wow......I for one am speechless

Why are you speechless? I speak the truth. Please read my response to debtriddin's comment.

People sell cards for those prices because buyers are gullible. As I said above, those cards are not "rare". The only issue is that those who have copies of those cards are not parting with them or advertising them for sale and I will not pay $100+ for a card of a third-line player because he was late in signing his cards.

I don't understand that logic.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

You know what....you're right. I need a new truck so I am going to roll into the Ford dealership and tell them " I know people are paying $ 75,000 for these but I don't think they are worth that. I think we should deal in terms of MY value......$23,000. Now some dealerships might think I am WAY too low but my value is more realistic and accurate. I base it on innovative technology and safety and Ford has done nothing in the past 10 years to significantly increase the performance in either area. In fact production costs are lower than ever. Not to mention they are far from rare and a Ford pick-up is hardly a Lambo.I should shave another couple k.

I am thinking I'm not getting my truck and you're not getting your cards.....life's like that
    Last edited by dornhoffer; 09-21-2016 at 04:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

You know what....you're right. I need a new truck so I am going to roll into the Ford dealership and tell them " I know people are paying $ 75,000 for these but I don't think they are worth that. I think we should deal in terms of MY value......$23,000. Now some dealerships might think I am WAY too low but my value is more realistic and accurate. I base it on innovative technology and safety and Ford has done nothing in the past 10 years to significantly increase the performance in either area. In fact production costs are lower than ever. Not to mention they are far from rare and a Ford pick-up is hardly a Lambo.I should shave another couple k.

I am thinking I'm not getting my truck and you're not getting your cards.....life's like that

The value of a vehicle and the value of a piece of cardboard are not comparable for me. Most adults NEED a vehicle so the price is the price, for the most part (by the way, I have watched a salesman at a Chevrolet dealership sell a new $55,000 truck for $30,000 so yes, it does happen).

Cards are a HOBBY for me - that is important for me to emphasise to you. I will NOT pay whatever it takes to acquire these cards.

I go by BV and I also take into consideration what they have accomplished. I don't give a tap-dancing whoop about what a card "goes for" on ebay. A lot of sellers on ebay are greedy sharks, and nothing more. If people don't like the values I have posted, that's fine. Most of which are BV by the way, and I think those are fair considering who they are and have done diddly squat).

As I said, I don't trade using sale value, so ebay values are useless to me.

Every card on my list is a third-line player who was too lazy or too arrogant to sign their cards in a timely manner. Don't give me the "they have busy schedules" nonsense either...card companies and the NHLPA entered into their agreements together. The least the players can do is honour their commitments in a timely manner. There is ZERO excuse for a professional athlete shirking his/her commitments because of their schedule.

I understand that they are asked to sign a ridiculous amount of cards. So companies should schedule, say, four signing sessions a year, and the player must be held to those times or face breech of contract order. That is the card makers' biggest error, letting players sign when THEY feel like it.

Now let's keep this thread about my original post please. If people don't like the values I posted, ignore my thread and move along.