Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Iiiiiiiiiii screwed myself up. And over. And out...............

Hello you lovely people!!!

As you find yourself busting open your 5 or 10 or 100 Tim Horton's packs this fine morning, I'm sitting here eating my $2 Cheese N Egger from A&W to go along with the coffee I brought from home. And later on today as you're breaking your UD Premier or trolling eBay for singles I'll be looking out for roadkill to cook up for dinner, mmmmmmmm that's good raccoon..........

Why? Because I'm an idiot, that's why. I took my company quarterly bonus and spent it even before I had it and then my car blew up and then I stumbled across another 1/1 chance of a lifetime and now I'm broke. Was it worth it? YOU be the judge.....................

To start, I hit the "send" button on 3 months worth of COMC purchases. 25+ cards, one astronomical shipping price, but I would have paid more buying them all individually amiright?

Managed to finish off my MVP Rainbow :)

Binder fillers, I love these insert sets..............

Better binder fillers............

One more Kesler, sorry.....

A trip to OT cards resulted in these............

Sorry again, shoulda warned you about the Keslers............................

Oh hey, speaking of Kesler, I upgraded a patch card.............

Annnnnnnd more Kesler. Yellow, the saddest of all the plates..................

UD Champs Silver /25, the only one I've seen on eBay or anywhere else, did NOT come cheap :/

Ok, moving on! This one completes my 2001/02 Fleer Legacy relics set, I'm very happy :)

A couple from North-of-7 on the eBay............

A couple of Fleer Greats autos...............

A couple more 1999/00 Century Legends /100's.....

You see how this all adding up right? How trying to collect EVERYTHING is a really bad idea? Wait, it gets worse! Time for 2004/05 SP Authentic!

Little purchase from a guy on the Twitter, I love the look of these cards and after selling my McDavid I felt a little empty inside.............

Which brings us to the top four!!!!! Yellow is the saddest of all the plates yessir, but when you're talking 1975/76 Topps you can't afford to be choosy. Plus it's yellow/BLACK!

At #4, straight from the Topps Vault, the Honourable Kennnnnnn Drydennnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! ......................

At #3, from the 2004/05 SP Authentic set, Martin Brodeur everyone!!!!!....................

At #2, a card that popped up on HI after my car exploded, but WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO??????? Just when I thought I was done with 15/16 Artifacts Honourable Members they. Pulled. Me. Back. IN!!!

Ok, last card. I had planned to take my quarterly bonus and put it towards a Cyclone Taylor relic card from this year's ITG Used. But then Topps released The Mint. A box of cards for a thousand dollars, how crazy is that????? Don't bother answering, it's very crazy. Anyways, in 99 of those boxes was a very special card. There were also 50 boxes with a differently numbered version and one very special box, but NVM, we're talking about the /99's OK?

When I was 11 my daddy took me to go see Rocky II. It started with a recap of the original fight and end with the rematch and I was blown away, even with all of the boring stuff in the middle. Rocky was a GOD. Then came Rocky III & IV, which were awesome to my teenage self. Years later as an adult I realize that II was pretty schmaltzy and III & IV were absolute garbage. But that first one, the original Rocky, that was a masterpiece. The script, the performances, the bittersweet ending - all of that allowed Stallone to smash his way into Hollywood like the Kool-Aid Man with all of the same destruction and mess hahahahaaa.

Anyways, I own this now.

His.

Whole.

Life.

Was.

A.

Million.

To.

One.

Shot...........................

So that's it. Time to start saving up for Honourable Members Wave II
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 09-21-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Awesome cards here, so much of everything! That signature at the end though is perfect. ROCKY!!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's how winning is done!

Great stuff, Ed.

You are totally right about COMC and their newfangled ways of calculating their shipping. I had three cards in my last order that came via eBay to avoid the Global Shipping Scam, for which they hit you at $2 per card and then there's a 45 cents charge on them when you cash them out. Instead of the good old days when there was a flat $3 shipping rate, this time around I got hit for almost $9 for 13 cards...and they won't ship them until 9/30!!! Talk about a company that has grown too big, too fast. Maybe they'll be next in line for a government bailout since they're too big to fail now!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love your post... totally feel you about spending bonuses as fast as they comes. Looking forward to more posts

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome Kesler pc, the #/50 patch looks awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/GamerRoy

everything looks good

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gadzooks, you know it's going to be a good show when a Dryden from the Topps Vault is number four on your list! Love the swatch on the Kesler Limited Logos... oooooone day all those Honored Members 1/1's will be yours!

Scares me to think... just how many different ebay searches do you have to do to keep tabs on all your little projects? Or do you just scroll through the entire "Hockey Cards" section?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Scares me to think... just how many different ebay searches do you have to do to keep tabs on all your little projects? Or do you just scroll through the entire "Hockey Cards" section?

Kesler

04/05 SP Authentic

Century Legends 100

Ken Dryden

If I see something then I hit "Seller's Other Items" and it just goes downhill from there :D

New stuff! More Keslers hahahaaaa. I'm up to 1137/1579 or 72%....................

I've had this card for ages...........

It doesn't go with anything else I've got and I hate the Bruins, but it's Eddie Freakin' Shore & I just couldn't get rid of it. At long last, North-of-7 to the rescue..................

Ok, g'nite.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Keep the stories coming. Ove those Fleer Great auto's.

Don