Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50's and 60's Players

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Didn't realize the address was out of date. i would try the Sun City, AZ address.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@DaveMitchner See squiresoldan's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to DaveMitchner Member is PayPal Verified

Roger Craig (requests $5 per)

Ken Retzer is a fun guy to send to. He will usually include a few extra photos for you and he also offers to call you if you want to talk about baseball.

He only spent a few years in the Majors (1961-64) and then was a coach for a long time in MLB... but he was the catcher on the Washington Senators when President Kennedy threw out the first pitch on opening day 1963 so there are cool photos of him and JFK that you can send.

Send him a letter, include your phone number, and enjoy autographs and a phone call from a guy who had a really cool baseball life.

Man I wish I was terrible on the telephone. That sounds super cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@raisingsienna Instagram:

Can anyone think of any other guys? I'm really looking to get into the older living guys who made an impact in one way or another

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bob Aspromonte
    Ken Aspromonte
    Bill Virdon
    Jim Bunning

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks 39special! Any more anyone?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ned Garver is a favorite of mine from that era. There is even still a living member from the Indians last World Series Champion, Eddie Robinson. Do not laugh, but I love the way the 1953 and 1954 Topps reprint sets sign. Here are few of mine:

Unfortunately some of those guys are no longer with us. I have had some wonderful answers from these type of players by asking a question on an index card and mailing with my request as well. I always start with "Mr. First last name" and ask something like who was the best player you ever faced or what was your most memorable baseball moment. I asked a few guys who was their favorite player growing up and that took answers back to players like Foxx and Ruth on a few question cards. Should you love the history of the game, be sure you add those index cards with questions to these Golden Age players.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ned Garver is a favorite of mine from that era. There is even still a living member from the Indians last World Series Champion, Eddie Robinson. Do not laugh, but I love the way the 1953 and 1954 Topps reprint sets sign. Here are few of mine:

Unfortunately some of those guys are no longer with us. I have had some wonderful answers from these type of players by asking a question on an index card and mailing with my request as well. I always start with "Mr. First last name" and ask something like who was the best player you ever faced or what was your most memorable baseball moment. I asked a few guys who was their favorite player growing up and that took answers back to players like Foxx and Ruth on a few question cards. Should you love the history of the game, be sure you add those index cards with questions to these Golden Age players.

Sweet! That's awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks! I hope that you also remember that a lot of these older guys played for next to nothing and if you can afford it..... tossing them a few bucks in with your request goes a long way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Has anyone had any success with Ralph Branca?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Has anyone had any success with Ralph Branca?

Would LOVE to find a working address for him. He's done a couple shows in my area over the last few years but I haven't been able to go. And at his age (he's 90) hoping and waiting for him to do another show is not a safe bet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast