Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

The Cup delayed until November 30th?

According to Dave and Adams...

Dave and Adam's@DACWBuffalo 3h3 hours ago
    In order to deliver an exceptional product & ensure as few redemptions as possible Upper Deck has moved the release date of The Cup to 11/30

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

According to Dave and Adams...

Dave and Adam's@DACWBuffalo 3h3 hours ago
    In order to deliver an exceptional product & ensure as few redemptions as possible Upper Deck has moved the release date of The Cup to 11/30

Wow... way to go UD...

By the time this comes out no one will remember the rookies (aside from McDavid, Panarin, and that other guy ;)

Going to be a tough flip as everyone's moved on to 16-17.

I remember when it use to come out around my birthday (late-August)....

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, crazy delay. :(
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See frankie5s's Items on eBay

Wow... way to go UD...

By the time this comes out no one will remember the rookies (aside from McDavid, Panarin, and that other guy ;)

Going to be a tough flip as everyone's moved on to 16-17.

I remember when it use to come out around my birthday (late-August)....

Problem is getting cards hard signed. It's crazy difficult to do and get them back in time. If they released it in August with a bunch of redemptions, people would go crazy. They're in a no win situation. I'd prefer a delay and less redemptions, myself

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

"If this keep up we'll be here till Boxing Day"
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (115)
    Country
    See spooner121's Items on eBay

Go firgure.... We pre-order an amount knowing we will be able to sell it at the Expo ( which has 10,000 more customers than in our store ) then 5 days later say its delayed a month.. we now have $35,000 tied up. Oh and we cant retail it on our web site because UD doesnt hand out AIR licences anymore ( we have to wait 90 days after release to sell it on the web ). I guess we will have to step into the BREAKING business. Its becoming a digital hobby, Im sad. lol

Glenn
    Last edited by CHERRYPICKER; 10-07-2016 at 08:02 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, I'm really surprised it is being delayed until after the Expo. My first thought was that it is going to hurt sellers at the Expo, because lots of people go there to buy Cup singles. I feel like this has the potential to have a big negative impact on the Expo at a time where we, the hobby, needs the Expo to be good.

Go firgure.... We pre-order an amount knowing we will be able to sell it at the Expo ( which has 10,000 more customers than in our store ) then 5 days later say its delayed a month.. we now have $35,000 tied up. Oh and we cant retail it on our web site because UD doesnt hand out AIR licences anymore ( we have to wait 90 days after release to sell it on the web ). I guess we will have to step into the BREAKING business. Its becoming a digital hobby, Im sad. lol

Glenn

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I totally get why UD is delaying the product, as they can't win with whatever decision they choose to do, but it's still sad to see, especially with the missed Expo date.

I've always wondered the received cards vs still pending from x player ratio, and at what point does UD say "We have enough of the autos in-hand to release this product now" vs. "We Don't have enough autos back from players, need to delay longer". That ratio would be interesting to see, or what other variables they take into account before delaying a product such as what exact players haven 't signed yet (ex, McDavid, or another big prospect, etc.)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Can't wait until they finally reach a point where they are putting out a year's last set after the next year is already over....

July 1, 2019: "Come and get your brand new '17-'18 rookie cards....."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I don't understand how a product can be released 16+ months after rookie photo shoots to have rookie cards with material from the rookie photo shoot.

I've seen ITG cards in a set released in 2013 Expo where some cards on the back say produced in 2011, 2012 and 2013. It took them 2+ years to amass all of those autos before they finally released it without redemptions.

Perhaps Upper Deck should start producing subset designs, have the cards sent out for hard autos and whennever they're all signed they can release it in the upcoming product. 6 months or 4 years, who cares? Never miss a release date again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast