Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Penguins celebrate stanley cup victory with 300-diamond championship rings

How do you remember a Stanley Cup victory forever? With 300 diamonds, of course.
    The Pittsburgh Penguins were presented with their Stanley Cup rings during a ceremony Monday, and it’s going to be near impossible for anyone on the team to forget about the victory given the sheer size and sparkle of their newest piece of jewellery.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...pionship-rings
    Last edited by doniceage; 10-15-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Bling bling!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Now there's a waste of money if I ever saw one.

They look very nice but I have to be honest, I think I would be afraid to own one.

I certainly wouldn't wear them in public.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

A lot of players don't wear them in public. Maybe if they're doing some hockey analysis or something, to show viewers they've been there & done that, which I would totally understand. The ring is a trophy to a lot of players, and it's one that doesn't need constant showing off in public (hopefully).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

A lot of players don't wear them in public. Maybe if they're doing some hockey analysis or something, to show viewers they've been there & done that, which I would totally understand. The ring is a trophy to a lot of players, and it's one that doesn't need constant showing off in public (hopefully).

Which it is why it is a waste of money

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Sadly, the link for a photo doesn't seem to work...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

I don't think it's a waste of money. It's still a trophy that a player has earned just like anything else. A nice piece of jewelry after winning one of the most iconic trophies in all of sport? I think that calls for a few rings IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow!! Thats crazy!! Wish the link worked so i could see a pic...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Wow!! Thats crazy!! Wish the link worked so i could see a pic...

Try this link:
    https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...ng/c-282537376

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

I don't think it's a waste of money. It's still a trophy that a player has earned just like anything else. A nice piece of jewelry after winning one of the most iconic trophies in all of sport? I think that calls for a few rings IMO.

I agree that players who win a championship should receive some token as a reminder of their championship season. I just don't think it should be so extravagant.

Any piece of jewelry that is only worn certain times a year (team functions or special appearances) and is stored away as a showpiece the rest of the year is indeed a waste of money.

I'm willing to bet that players who win any championship do not wear their rings much in the off season. Do you think Derek Jeter wears his five World Series rings every day? Or does Michael Jordan wear his six NBA championship rings daily? Or do Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, Marian Hossa, or Brent Seabrook wear their three Stanley Cup rings daily in the off season? I'm willing to bet they don't. Why? Because it would be a bullseye for would-be thieves.

Which reinforces my point - If you win jewelry that you will rarely wear, there's not much logic in getting one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast