Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auston Matthews

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spares_91's Items on eBay

Matthews is currently on pace for 328 goals
    Trade/Sale List- Hidden Content
    Main PC- Matthew's RC's, Sundin, Cards, 1/1's, Anything #'ed /100 or less
    Minor PC- Current Leaf RC's, Andy Hilbert, Pavel Brendl, CM Punk
    e-bay- Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Out of curiosity but for someone on a budget who wants a good looking rookie card for $5ish and doesn't care about resale value, which be the best looking McDavid or Eichel or likely Matthews rookie card to get? OPC Retro?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Matthews is currently on pace for 328 goals

And the Leafs are on pace for 82 losses this year... :-o

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

Out of curiosity but for someone on a budget who wants a good looking rookie card for $5ish and doesn't care about resale value, which be the best looking McDavid or Eichel or likely Matthews rookie card to get? OPC Retro?

For players like that, you kind of have to up your amount at least a little bit.

The OPC Platinum Marquee Rookies sell for dirt cheap, but they're not actually rookie cards. They are considered inserts due to their numbering.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steen101984's Items on eBay

And the Leafs are on pace for 82 losses this year... :-o

82 OT losses which would still give us 82 points

SCF Rewards
    Country

Steen101984: after the last Decade or 2 i would be happy with an 82 point season for the Leafs. Been a Leaf fan since the 1970's & to say its been a long, rough ride would be an understatement. I can see the Light at the end of the tunnel now at least.. Go Leafs Go!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Wish I had an Auston Matthews EBay auction ending tonight.

Let the Gretzky/Lemieux comparisons begin...

Careful...Tomas Hertl had four goals in a game during his rookie season too. What did he do after? Diddly squat really.

To be clear, I am a Leafs fan. However, all those years of not being a playoff team forces me to think "someone will hurt Matthews" or "he will be another Hertl".

I do think he is 20 times better than Hertl will ever be, but my point is that people go gaga over a player when they have ONE marvellous game and try to cash in. It's freakin' ridiculous. Matthews won't score four goals every game.

Let me link this to the hobby of card collecting. Here's my pet peeve: If a Matthews card sells for 'x' amount of dollars, everybody that has one will expect their copy of the card will sell for the same amount. That's greed personified, and realistically it doesn't end up working that way. Not every card will fetch the same amount. That's just a fact.

I see pegcity's comment about "we'll see after 25 games in". That's not enough either. Wait till the season ends to decide how he did.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

all those years of not being a playoff team forces me to think "someone will hurt Matthews" or "he will be another Hertl".

You better hope they don't play the Kings any time soon or Dustin Brown will be out to show the boy "a lesson." Watch out for your knees! :-o

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

You better hope they don't play the Kings any time soon or Dustin Brown will be out to show the boy "a lesson." Watch out for your knees! :-o

I don't worry about anything I can't control. It's Auston Matthews that needs to worry.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Who is Dustin Brown? I mean, really. Why would he hurt Matthews?

Matthews is a big boy. In an era where enforcers are few and far between I'm sure he will find his place in the league. I'm sure he won't be a Crosby and get concussed everytime he steps on the ice. He may even get more points and be more consistent but his Young Gun will still sell for less.

That's the game and that's the market. Obviously Hertl jumped up after that game. Obviously people took advantage. Nothing wrong there. What pains me is people taking advantage of a player when they pass. Blatantly saying RIP in their listing as if they have no compassion or humanity. Someone offered me $15 for a 10-11 Marks of Distinction /25 Pavel Datsyuk and after I refused they sent a message 'He joined KHL'. I said 'Yes, he did'. Like ™™™ am I supposed to say? Why does that warrant a card being cut in half? Someone said the same thing about a Taylor Hall card of mine 'he just got traded'. So what?

Just as people take advantage of a Matthews 4 goal game, a Hertl 4 goal game, a Tom Lysiak death, a Bob Probert Death there are people on the other side of the spectrum and trying to find deals by extorting news.

Anyways... I am excited for Maple Leafs' future. A very drastic change to their entire entity over the past couple years and I would like to see it bear fruit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast