Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitme's Items on eBay

1/1 Printing Plate cards are not 1 of 1 actually?

Hi all

Just found a lot on ebay where 6 Jaroslav Halak 1/1's PP cards being offered. All 1/1 are about the same card - his UD RC.

How it could be? Is 1/1 not actually 1 of 1?

Pavel

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rkkwong's Items on eBay

There are various 1/1 plates for different colors.
    Tradelist/wantlist: Hidden Content

Looking for Buffalo Bills and HOFers auto/GU in football and Auston Matthews & vintage players GU/autos in hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitme's Items on eBay

Please check:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322115536727

There are 6 PP in the lot (not 4) and Black and Yellow existed twice. It is stated "Error" but what kind of error?! Was such "error" pulled from packs and how it was put there?!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Please check:

There are 6 PP in the lot (not 4) and Black and Yellow existed twice. It is stated "Error" but what kind of error?! Was such "error" pulled from packs and how it was put there?!

Perhaps they have backup plates!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Probably one of the reasons, I don't buy/collect plates.

Please check:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

They probably do have backup plates, which makes the "1-of-1" designation pretty much false. Rough. I've never valued a plate much above $10 or so anyway, so it's not a big deal to me, but if you collect plates this must be a serious consideration in your valuation process.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I remember this same issue (about these very same Halak YG Plates) was brought up a while back on these forums. Was it that the Halak was re-printed I think? That's why more plates had to be produced. I should go searching the Hockey Forums Archives tonight :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

There is not only one set of plates at factory. It was never implied that there is only 1 plate for a large print job such as a card series. We get the impression there is only one plate for each sheet because card companies release the cut plates as 1/1 in their products. It is the fault of Upper Deck for releases the duplicate plates in their product and marked like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There is not only one set of plates at factory. It was never implied that there is only 1 plate for a large print job such as a card series. We get the impression there is only one plate for each sheet because card companies release the cut plates as 1/1 in their products. It is the fault of Upper Deck for releases the duplicate plates in their product and marked like that.

+1

Card companies have admitted that they use more than one plate for each color in some processes because they wear out during the process. They do not, however, try to explain why they continue to mark them 1-of-1 when they know damn well they are NOT 1-of-1s. Makes you wonder about some of their other practices and "guarantees".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steen101984's Items on eBay

It was an issue with the 07-08 Young gun plates. I also have 6 plates of Anton Stralman listed on there

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2007-08-Upper...AAAOSwzchXRPo8

The interesting thing about both is they are duplicated in the same colours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast