Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2016/17 sets with the most 'base' cards

Last year my son got started trading hockey cards and we decided to try our luck with the Artifact's line by UD... Decent quality cards, I must say, but only 100 players in the base and everything else had to come from breaks/boxes/etc... In the end, we gave up without getting him anywhere near what he wanted...

This year, he wants to start collecting cards again, but we're looking for a set with MORE actual players...

Does anyone have any recommendations for sets in the 2016/17 season with more player cards (and easier to get cards - we don't have a huge budget to order those big boxes online and none of our local stores carry them - only the mini boxes that have a few packs in them)...

Thanks guys...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (248)
    Country

16/17 OPC is a 550 cards base set + 100 short printed RC/subset cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See Zuback's Items on eBay

The Opc set has 678 cards. Which is a challenge. You will need to bust at 3 boxes to get most of the set, but the rookies are a bit short printed.

Though the boxes due come with Retro's, Black/100, Inserts that one could trade.

There are hot boxes that include a Black/100 in every pack.

Then there are super hot boxes that state that all the cards in every pack are Black/100.

Price in Canada seems to be about $95 cdn in my area.

With the amount of guys that do the set (me included), there are a bunch of people to trade with.

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Country

16/17 OPC is a 550 cards base set + 100 short printed RC/subset cards

Awesome thanks!!

Just to confirm, this is the image of the box right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck is a reasonable set, usually 200 cards for series 1 & 200 cards for series 2. If you have a WalMart anywhere near you they always carry them at a pretty reasonable price too. If you can find previous years of Upper Deck they are even cheaper. I Luv WalMart...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (248)
    Country

Awesome thanks!!

Just to confirm, this is the image of the box right?

That is the BLASTER box for 16/17 OPC. PM me if interested in a starter set of the base cards 1-550

SCF Rewards
    Country

ellford, lmk if you would like the base set of 16-17 opc from 1-550 as I have an extra completed. I'm sure we could work something out that would be fair and reasonable for you. Just give me a PM